Pre-WWII 2023 - Draft Thread I

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Gonna try to get my vote in Tuesday if that's okay.
We'll give it the day and then see how many ballots we have.

Hoping to move this thing forward to the 2nd round tomorrow.

I'm sorry I haven't done more to make the first round better. Planning a 40th birthday party on New year's Eve is more time consuming than I realized.

Yeah, timing was bad with the Holidays for me as well, but the draft itself was fun in any case.

No big deal.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I’ll get my votes in tonight, if that’s okay.

Sorry I haven’t had time to participate in playoff discussions. My son and wife each had a case of pneumonia, and I was unwell with a bug for a few weeks as well. And then of course the holidays, and family birthdays. It has been a busy few weeks.

I had a blast with the draft, though!

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Round 1 voting results with six ballots received:

Regina Pats vs Ottawa Senators 4-2
Montreal Victorias vs Regina Capitals 4-2
Halifax Crescent vs Montreal Wanderers 4-3
Seattle Metropolitans vs Portage Lakes Hockey Club 3-4

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Round 1 voting results with six ballots received:

Regina Pats vs Ottawa Senators 4-2
Montreal Victorias vs Regina Capitals 4-2
Halifax Crescent vs Montreal Wanderers 4-3
Seattle Metropolitans vs Portage Lakes Hockey Club 3-4

Thank you, Theo!

Semi-final threads are up

Good luck forward, @Habsfan18, sorry I didn't manage to debate during the holidays. you build a strong team.

@jigglysquishy , you were facing a very tough team but as your first draft your lineup looked great! The playoffs were not as active as they can be, probably because of Christmas season, but I hope you enjoyed the draft and will play again, your presence here was a fantastic addition to our group.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
Thank you, Theo!

Good luck forward, @Habsfan18, sorry I didn't manage to debate during the holidays. you build a strong team.

@jigglysquishy , you were facing a very tough team but as your first draft your lineup looked great! The playoffs were not as active as they can be, probably because of Christmas season, but I hope you enjoyed the draft and will play again, your presence here was a fantastic addition to our group.
Thank you.

Yes, I will absolutely jump in for another ATD.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Thank you, Theo!

Thanks, BB! And I’m with you regarding the debating. It’s been a really busy couple of weeks and I just haven’t had the time. You also built a strong team.

And ditto about @jigglysquishy. Both he and @Dr John Carlson are very promising additions to our ATD group. Let’s hope both of these fellows become regulars.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
8 ballots received. Semifinal results:

Regina Pats vs Portage Lakes Hockey Club 4-2
Montreal Victorias vs Halifax Crescents 4-3

Thank you again for compiling and posting the results, Theo.

Final thread is up. Good luck!

Congrats @Dr John Carlson for going so deep in your first try. Hoping to see you play again.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I haven't forgotten the final, btw. Waiting to hear about the number of ballots we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad