GDT: Pre-tournament • Dec. 23 • Sweden vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Preview of the gold medal game?

Who knows. It's all open. But even Russia might get there with the Russkie spirit of Vodka and Siberia. You never know which team gets it going when it really matters geling up as a true band of brothers sealed in the back by a cosmic netminder. So, your guess is as good as anybody's.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Well bravo for raising the issue as early as you did.

might as well, we were barely a period into the game against the Czech's before non-Leafs fans starting complaining. Wanted to raise the bar you know because everyone loves to complain about the Leafs/TSN. Considering you know....it's the Toronto.Sports.Network...ahh shucks I brought it up again...

See how dumb it can get? Really annoying too eh? Welcome to Leafs fans world.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Canada will have to use speed against those gigantic Swede turtles manning their defensive corps. If they can do that, they might get something out of this tight affair.

I wouldn't call them turtles, Sweden actually have good skating defenseman, they wouldn't be so dense as to bring many poor skaters to a tournament on international ice...

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I wouldn't call them turtles, Sweden actually have good skating defenseman, they wouldn't be so dense as to bring many poor skaters to a tournament on international ice...

Okay. Rather: quickness, explosive first steps and shifty moves and sudden changes of directions.

Waterbug game from likes of Barzal, Point, Marner...

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
might as well, we were barely a period into the game against the Czech's before non-Leafs fans starting complaining. Wanted to raise the bar you know because everyone loves to complain about the Leafs/TSN. Considering you know....it's the Toronto.Sports.Network...ahh shucks I brought it up again...

See how dumb it can get? Really annoying too eh? Welcome to Leafs fans world.

My last comment on the issue is that the persecution complex suffered by many Leafs fans contributes just as much to the problem, or more.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Okay. Rather: quickness, explosive first steps and shifty moves and sudden changes of directions.

Waterbug game from likes of Barzal, Point, Marner...

I expect waterbug games from Point, Marner, Beauvillier. Very important to this team's success.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Did anybody else just hear that from the girl sportscenter

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Yuck, Same ugly Tre Kronor jerseys as we've seen in the EHT games. What were they thinking designing those?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
For that basketball play? I wasn't paying close attention but I thought i heard something that i shouldnt have :laugh:

I recorded it but i dont wanna post and potentually ruin her career

Mar 14, 2015
Nylander aggresive and steals puck from Marner in DZone, later in the shift he is trying to lay out Marner. And then gets crushed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad