GDT: Pre-tournament • Dec. 23 • Sweden vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
So, the entire junior championship is being broadcasted on TV12? So much for watching this tournament. Maybe I'll catch a stream some time.

As for the traditional SWE - CAN pre-game: no injuries please!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So, the entire junior championship is being broadcasted on TV12? So much for watching this tournament. Maybe I'll catch a stream some time.

As for the traditional SWE - CAN pre-game: no injuries please!

SVT has two groupstage games, QF and Final/Bronze game for Sweden. Also one QF, one semi that are non-Swedish. Plus a few games on the web, the biggest one being USA-CAN.

nelsojc

Nov 13, 2015
Any idea who the starting goalies will be?

McDonald is starting for Canada...and in less he plays absolutely awful will start against USA...however two games into the tournament Blackwood is back off suspension and based on how dominant he has been this year and against the Czechs I think he will definitely get a chance later on..

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
so what's the o/u on how long it takes someone to complain that TSN is talking about 2 Leaf prospects too much? You know...completely ignoring the fact that Nylander+Marner are two of the biggest names at this tournament.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
so what's the o/u on how long it takes someone to complain that TSN is talking about 2 Leaf prospects too much? You know...completely ignoring the fact that Nylander+Marner are two of the biggest names at this tournament.

Because of this post, I will say that number has substantially bumped up. We won't see the puck drop before someone has a complaint - the boys at TSN will have a good pre-game segment that will send a few haters for a loop. :laugh:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Lol, yup.

They never talked about Gauthier, Kadri or even Rielly like they will about Marner and Nylander. The reason for that is, the roles of the players are different.

Last time I remember two Leafs being talked about as much were Pogge and Rask.

And before that was the Halifax team that had 5 leafs on it.

Other than that, people just want to believe it's all Leafs all the time so they can hate on em some more.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Because of this post, I will say that number has substantially bumped up. We won't see the puck drop before someone has a complaint - the boys at TSN will have a good pre-game segment that will send a few haters for a loop. :laugh:

:laugh: I didn't even think of the pre-game...yeah you may be right, could be even before the puck drops. All I know is someone is going to.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
All this talk about potential leafs prospect talk is really annoying, complain complain rabble rabble! :D

Anyone know the lines tonight? The link in the op won't display for me and I want to see who strome and perlini are playing with.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Canada will have to use speed against those gigantic Swede turtles manning their defensive corps. If they can do that, they might get something out of this tight affair.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006

Well bravo for raising the issue as early as you did.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Watching Nylander all year on the Marlies I know he is going to light it up. Canada can't take any penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad