Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season | GM: 1 | Sharks def. Canucks - 3-2 (OT)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not aware of another one.

For some reason I feel like this is the third time he has had an issue with it, but may just be his second. Hopefully it's minor otherwise I'll be worried it could be a reoccurring theme - or maybe it won't be. Who knows.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
For some reason I feel like this is the third time he has had an issue with it, but may just be his second. Hopefully it's minor otherwise I'll be worried it could be a reoccurring theme - or maybe it won't be. Who knows.

Maybe you're thinking of the hit on Kesler where he left holding his right shoulder (not his left). IIRC he had a stinger and played later in the game.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Maybe you're thinking of the hit on Kesler where he left holding his right shoulder (not his left). IIRC he had a stinger and played later in the game.

Could very well be. Don't think it was as I don't believe he's been on IR at any point for it after the surgery.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If Virtanen has a previous shoulder issue, it might swell when he gets bruises. This mimics a more serious injury and they sit him. It might be NBD.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Only followed the game on radio, but sounded like both Subban and Redulic really helped themselves in this game....everybody is penciling in Larsen as the pp qb going forward....and maybe he will be gifted a spot, but at the very least both guys have earned another game imo.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
Team 1040 on suicide watch.

no way

i can hear the spin already

"this is good for his development as he'll be able to ease himself in a little later in the year without worrying about the pressures of the sophomore slump at the start of the season"

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
no way

i can hear the spin already

"this is good for his development as he'll be able to ease himself in a little later in the year without worrying about the pressures of the sophomore slump at the start of the season"

Did you catch the early part where they were burying Larsen? The main commentator sounded like he was ready to drive him to the airport. They were super negative to open the show.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
:laugh: I haven't listened to Team 1040 or the callers in awhile.

It's like the audio version of CDC.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Well that sucks with Virtanen, we'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

Sometimes a prospect looks good and shouldn't have been a bust, but injuries pop up and derails their career before it even gets started. Can't blame anyone for that, but... this is why you don't collect only 3 talented forward prospects for you future and call it a day.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
They do someone on Team 1040 to rimshots every time the commentators state one of the organizations statement's.

"The Canucks feel they're deeper this year and focused on depth in the off-season."

y7Z0L.jpg

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Bartschi, Horvat and Larsen had the puck for 30+ seconds and all they did was circle the outside in their zone.

Frustrating to watch this team have no clue how to play 3 on 3 still...

Yeah. Nearly a quarter of games go to OT too, that's a lot of potential points.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Jake injured - no suprise
Destroyed in shots and just crushed by a superior Sharks team
Wille lost again
Larsen=joke

Great. Gonna be a LONG season :(

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
TSN guys speculating the Rendulic might be this year's version of Adam Cracknell....bears watching, particularly if Virtanen is down for any length of time....hope it isn't the same surgically-repaired shoulder....a power forward with a bum shoulder is not a good recipe going forward....hope it isn't the same injury which derailed Alex Stoyanov's career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad