GDT: Pre-Season #5 | New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | Brocktober 5th | 7:00 PM | F/L 5-2

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Little concerned with the isles future. How long can they go with this vet group?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Saw the first two periods.
- Lots of pucks go to die when they're on Wahlstrom's stick
- Bolduc continues to look overwhelmed
- More than half the team we fielded were getting a last little look. Wonder what the coaching staff took away from this game?

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Saw the first two periods.
- Lots of pucks go to die when they're on Wahlstrom's stick
- Bolduc continues to look overwhelmed
- More than half the team we fielded were getting a last little look. Wonder what the coaching staff took away from this game?
Wally is looking more like last years Bailey right now.
Yup....Bolduc may not make it....this year or in the future if he keeps playing as such.
Probably that they should be worried a bit about the play of the vets that did play....everyone looked awful.
Oh, and maybe we keep a good eye on this Maggio kid...he was really the only one player that stood out.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Wally is looking more like last years Bailey right now.
Yup....Bolduc may not make it....this year or in the future if he keeps playing as such.
Probably that they should be worried a bit about the play of the vets that did play....everyone looked awful.
Oh, and maybe we keep a good eye on this Maggio kid...he was really the only one player that stood out.

Very excited to see what kind of option he'll be in two seasons.

Reactions: Lek

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
What I liked about Maggio, he started out a little star struck but he progressed as camp went on making changes. Kid is going to be a keeper. Need more talent picks in the coming draft

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Yes, a meaningless preseason game where the Islanders didn't play the majority of their vets is cause for concern about the vets. Makes sense.
Which of the younger group is ready to step in as this vet group gets older.

Try and keep up ..

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I watched mostly the first period and a little of the second and one thing I found interesting is that Dufour was used in a similar fashion on the PP to how the Memorial Cup team used him. Start on the right point and find a way for him to take the cross pass with momentum going forward. Unfortunately, he was looking to make the pass off it instead of utilizing his shot. Something to keep an eye out for in the future is that the coaching staff recognized it and gave him a chance to do something he was very comfortable with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad