GDT: Pre-Season #5 | New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | Brocktober 5th | 7:00 PM | F/L 5-2

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
Very sloppy game so far, none of the young guys standing out tonight

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
Ummm.. Y'all realize the Isles are icing 2 veteran forwards and the rest are AHL bubble players right? Compared to the Philly lineup, what did you expect??

This is obviously about the Isles staff evaluating potential and FUTURE potential more than anything else.

Tho, I'm not sure I what they expect to evaluate when you have a bunch of AHL vets playing without NHL veteran presence. Seems a bizarre choice to me.

Reactions: BarzyClub

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Will Wahlstrom ever start converting the open looks he gets on the power play?

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Kuhlman looked good in his goal . Gauthier looking good as well. Lots of outside shots tho

PP had Aho and Maggio at the points. Fun seeing Wally and Dufour on the PP.

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Will Wahlstrom ever start converting the open looks he gets on the power play?
It might be a good idea to have him find the bumper once in a while
The goalie and defense has pretty much figured he ALWAYS one-times it
A Quarter of the time he needs to change it up to get the penalty killers to have to think

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Bolduc man....

This team looks very thin with their depth again....

Puke worthy game

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Wally looks awful.
With that injury it takes a third of a season to fully get back. Remember Lee had the same thing when he came back.
Same as in football

He’s going to be playing better in January

He likely will split games with Fasching and Gauthier for two positions. It will be tactical.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
No worries about losing anything via the waiver wire!
2 players that have impressed me during preseason, Maggio looks very good and Iskhakov also looks like a keeper imo . Dufour has gotten better this year but still needs to get comfortable. Bolduc does nothing well

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I really liked Ishakov's game in the small sample size i witnessed. Just didn't like reading about him peetering out in the AHL. It was surmised that he couldn't maintain playing at a high level due to the physicality. Hope he can find consistency.

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I really liked Ishakov's game in the small sample size i witnessed. Just didn't like reading about him peetering out in the AHL. It was surmised that he couldn't maintain playing at a high level due to the physicality. Hope he can find consistency.
He’s this year’s Raty
Trade chip and being showcased a little

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I am just hoping this is a good warning for Wahlstrom. He cannot play this lazily and slowly. its actually worrying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad