GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 22 • Russia vs. Czech Republic • 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

anyone have the boxscore?

I doubt it. I've seen AAA games get more coverage than this. It's really sad that we can't watch our teams or at least follow them. How Europe expects to grow interest in this tournament is beyond me..

Fulcrum

4-3 Rus, Shorthanded goal. No clue who scored.

Apparently Grigo and Kucherov looked good this game.

All info from twitter..

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Czech's outshooting Russia 42-18, wow, does russia have it's better players scratched?

Fulcrum

twitter:

#RUS's Pedan takes a nasty check from behind, drawing a 5-minute major. #RUS scores on resulting power play. #CZE 3 #RUS 5 3rd Period 18:46

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I doubt it. I've seen AAA games get more coverage than this. It's really sad that we can't watch our teams or at least follow them. How Europe expects to grow interest in this tournament is beyond me..

IIRC it's only been recent that any exhibition games have been televised. Just a few years ago they didn't even televise Canada's pre-season games on TSN. They only do it now because the demand has grown so high in Canada.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Just got back from the game. Russia won 5-3. Czech Republic played really good, probably deserved to win, doubled the Russians in shots. Czech Republic was way better than I expected and should be a legit threat this year, unlike previous years, they looked really good tonight.

Jaskin looked really good tonight did everything, looked good offensively and was physical too. Got a 5 min and a game misconduct with 2 minutes left for hitting from behind, was a pretty big and bad hit.

Straka had a sick dangle and pass to get an assist on the 2nd Czech goal.

Yakupov, didnt really stand out aside from a couple a rushes which kept the fans on the edge of their seats, scored the 5th goal onthe pp with about a minute left.

Gusev was Russia's best player, 2g and 1a I think. Looked fast, hand some really nice rushes.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Classic. That happens all the time that lack of quality finish costs the Czech team victory. I hope it won't be the case in the real tournament. Thx tv14 for the report.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Russia - Czech Republic - 5:3 (3:1, 0:2, 2:0)

Goals:

Yashkin (Hertl, profit), 3:14
Kosov (Zemchenko, Kulikov), 7:44
Gusev (Grigorenko, Kucherov) 9:46
Zheldakov (Kucherov, Grigorenko), 12:39
Bag (Straka), 26:38
Philippi (Pavlik, Uher), 31:03
Telegin (Khokhlachev) 40:46
Yakupov (Grigorenko, Gusev), 58:46

Goalkeepers: Makarov - Mrazek.
Penalty: 12 - 23.
Shots: 21 (9 +6 +6) - 43 (13 +19 +11).

From FHR.ru

Fulcrum

It's too early to say for sure, but I think we're seeing what this team is about.

Both nights they were significantly out shot and still came out on top with 2+ difference. They seem to use their opportunities almost perfectly. Powerplay is clicking and they only need a handful of chances to score. And the lines are not even set yet.

And as usual, they'll start out relatively weak and be in peak form around playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad