GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 19 • Canada vs. Finland • 3-1 final score

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
You can watch it on here:

http://watch.tsn.ca/world-jr-champi...pre-competition-canada-vs-finland/#clip588209

I think they can play much better but it goes pretty nice, first they just blast from every shooting place but later on the game they start to get lots of controlled attacks and good chances, they could've scored couple when it comes to half of second peroid. They probably are jetlagged, armia looks like hes not giving a **** time by time.

E:
Would have liked to see more hitting. Make them pay high price when they look down to feets close to boards like they do, this allways is tournament where you're supposed to take hard runs at everything you possibly can and keep your own head up. They finish the checks but i'd like to see more"anger" on the hitting and going with more power to hits.

Thanks man!

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Why am i reading that Armia played bad? He was actually better than Salomaki & Donskoi in that 2nd line. You have to notice the opponent was Canada full of future NHL:ers, Armia had a couple of good shots and nice plays.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Few things Finland needs to improve on:

- Communication in their own end, too much hasty decisions with the puck when they should've controlled it. That leads to turnovers that they cannot afford to give. Its amazing Canada didnt score more than 2.

- Defenders need to shoot the puck on target. We like to pass it back for the D jumping in on the rush and they just cant shoot it wide (there was like 4-5 of these in this game). This has been Finlands problem for as long as i can remember, our defenders shoot but never manage to hit the net. Missed shots, again, lead to turnovers.

- Armia. We simply need more from him. He didnt play a terrible game, but to me he seems abit sloppy and too confident. Like when he circled around our own goal and tried to move up ice but they canadien player lift his stick and then Armia took a hooking penalty - completely avoidable situation. This has been his problem all season long in the FEL. But IMO, he can dominate these juniors. The size, skill and even speed are there, but he needs to go mad and ****ing dominate.

Good things:

- Gibson played solid game and should be our n.1 goalie. If that was a question mark above our heads, i think Gibson showed that we have nothing to worry about.

- Granlund's played well and the chemistry is there no matter where they play it seems, very promising. Pulkkinen needs to get that shot off faster though. Mikael will find him with his passes, but Teemu has to score with quick shots he doesnt have time to load that slap shot.

- Our defense is very young, but i thought they didnt have much problems to keep up with the speed and physicality, just some easy mistakes. If they tighten it up we can be good.

Overall it was promising game IMO, we can even win the gold if we improve on the little things and cut down mistakes in our own end.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
I hope it was because of the game being pre-competition but our guys seemd to avoid contact a bit. Also the the goals Canada made was more of our lack of communicate and mistakes in our own end than them owning us. I'm happy to see we can challenge Canada and USA most likely. Maybe it was because of the smaller rink but our players seemd to be a bit out of place few times? For example timing the board shots if they will or will not make those. Anyways a good game from Finland, sloppy but let's blame the jetlag and smaller rinks for now. :sarcasm:

MiG was dominating the game whenever he had the puck or did not. Was the best player out there. Our 4th line seemd about.....meh? Don't really know those guys. 2nd line looked nice once in a while but I hope they will shook it up for the next game. I found Salomäki to be the worst of top6 actually. Barkov was decent but I'd like to see more of him and of course from Armia who wasn't that bad in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad