Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Nashville was 4-5-1 in their last 10 going into the playoffs. Kings weren't much better at 6-4.

Nashville rode one insane win-streak post all-star break and then puttered into the playoffs.
Sounds kind of like another team in the post-season.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Nashville rode one insane win-streak then puttered into the playoffs.

Kinda like Edmonton ;) (I kid, they were good the 2nd half)

Nashville played to their peak potential down the stretch & into the playoffs, LA probably underachieved - or else this regular season argument is stupid from your POV.

Regardless its at best a saw-off (despite NSH finishing ahead in the standings & better the second half)., so no need to knock Nashville.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I am deeply concerned about the fate for each of these cities infrastructure if they lose.

More so Vancouver, but Edmonton been rowdy this year.
The mental and emotional health of the individuals on this forum are at stake here haha, by the end of this, one side will be euphoric, the other.. Well I won't go down that rabbit hole.

Too much has been spoken to back down on either side now, the fallout is going to be glorious! Everyone, grab your popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show🍿

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Man, I’ve got so many quotes on deck already for this series if it goes the way I believe it will.

The mental gymnastics we will see from VAN fans (among others) if the Oilers win could be in consideration for medals at Paris 2024.

I genuinely wish I could go through my life with that level of cognitive dissonance.

I think Vancouver could win, it is hockey after all. Wildly unpredictable but, to consider them having anything better than like 55% odds is either trolling or something else…. (use your imagination)

Either way. It will be fun.
Based on what? See that's the issue I have with these type of posts.

Nothing points to the oilers being heavy favourites. People can regular season doesn't count but last time I checked the only real difference in the playoffs is the games get tighter and less penalties are called. Both those heavily favour Vancouver, who have already shown they can play that style.
Maybe pump the brakes a bit.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The mental and emotional health of the individuals on this forum are at stake here haha, by the end of this, one side will be euphoric, the other.. Well I won't go down that rabbit hole.

Too much has been spoken to back down on either side now, the fallout is going to be glorious! Everyone, grab your popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show🍿

What are you talking about? I'm sure it will all be very respectful discourse the whole series, with a very gracious winner & a complimentary loser, after all Canadians are known for being nice.

• Haha
Reactions: rea

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Nashville played to their peak potential down the stretch & into the playoffs, LA probably underachieved - or else this regular season argument is stupid from your POV.

Regardless its at best a saw-off (despite NSH finishing ahead in the standings & better the second half)., so no need to knock Nashville.
I'm just saying Nashville was on the lower end of goal differential for playoff teams in the west while LA was about half way between the top teams and Nashville while also missing one of their best forwards for most of the year. So of course they would have underperformed in the season missing a key piece most of the year. Most teams would.

Nashville just flat out looked slow and terrible on offence. Kuddos to them for playing a strong defensive game in the playoffs, but the rest of their game looked horrific. They couldn't even complete a pass on their power play. Looked like teams in preseason shaking of the rust.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Man, I’ve got so many quotes on deck already for this series if it goes the way I believe it will.

The mental gymnastics we will see from VAN fans (among others) if the Oilers win could be in consideration for medals at Paris 2024.

I genuinely wish I could go through my life with that level of cognitive dissonance.

I think Vancouver could win, it is hockey after all. Wildly unpredictable but, to consider them having anything better than like 55% odds is either trolling or something else…. (use your imagination)

Either way. It will be fun.

So what you saying is... Canucks in 4?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I'm just saying Nashville was on the lower end of goal differential for playoff teams in the west while LA was about half way between the top teams and Nashville while also missing one of their best forwards for most of the year. So of course they would have underperformed in the season missing a key piece most of the year. Most teams would.

Nashville just flat out looked slow and terrible on offence. Kuddos to them for playing a strong defensive game in the playoffs, but the rest of their game looked horrific.

Feel like we've reached the end of this argument.

Nashville put forward a very strong + gutsy effort & I was not impressed with LA at all outside of game 2. Though I never thought they really had a chance against EDM with their style vs EDM's speed. That's just my opinion.

Looking forward to kicking this series off 🤝

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Feel like we've reached the end of this argument.

Nashville put forward a very strong + gutsy effort & I was not impressed with LA at all. Though I never thought they really had a chance against EDM with their style vs EDM's speed. That's just my opinion.

Looking forward to kicking this series off 🤝
They did for a team severely lacking talent no question. They worked hard.

Also looking forward to the series :nod:

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
We've made it to WCF and 2nd round twice in the last 3 years. The last 2 years in particular have been rough as we've faced the eventual Stanley Cup winner and fell short. I wouldn't call it complete failures, but probably short of where the players want to be.

You have the best player in the world. There's no excuse.

Winning is winning and you guys are complete failures.

• Haha
Reactions: Higgens

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
A lot of people voting did not watch these two teams play each other this year.

Results:

Canucks 8 - Oilers 1
Canucks 4 - Oilers 3
Canucks 6 - Oilers 2
Canucks 3 - Oilers 1

There's this thing with match-ups. I was praying the Nucks wouldn't play the Knights or Kings because both have caused havoc for the Canucks. The Oilers are literally the opposite. No team played worse against the Canucks this year.

Meanwhile, the Oilers owned the Kings all year and again in the playoffs.

The Oilers can certainly win and probably should if the Canucks don't have Demko for most of the series but so far this season the Oilers have massively struggled against the way the Canucks play.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
The Oilers can certainly win and probably should if the Canucks don't have Demko for most of the series but so far this season the Oilers have massively struggled against the way the Canucks play.
I didn't see most of the games, serious question: what does Van do exactly to shut down the Oilers?

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
If the Canucks are favourites betting wise I’ll be shocked. This matchup does not favour Vancouver at all.
??????

Adams and Norris nominee and the ran the division from day one. Demko comes back? That add a Vezina nominee? Nucks should be favorite

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I didn't see most of the games, serious question: what does Van do exactly to shut down the Oilers?
Get good goaltending and score on one out of every 3 or 4 shots regardless of their quality.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

In the season the Nucks took advantage of chances and tended to get the Oilers running around.

Also, McDavid had 3 pts in 3 games but was -5.

The Canucks 5 on 5 was just a lot better than the Oilers.

Reactions: Hank Plank

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Just a bit of an understatement, given that the Oilers had the best record in the NHL starting the day Kris Knoblauch took over.

Reactions: Dieseloil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad