Post-Game Talk: Powerplay continues to struggle but Panthers down Sabres 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Swaggy Barkov Tank
Cuz Benny Chucky
Luo Lundy Rhino
Lomby Stenny ERod

Is what I expect if healthy game 1
Sit 17, he offers absolutely nothing to any line. Every time I saw someone come down the ice and screw the pooch every damn time in the past 3 games it was 17. He doesn’t deserve to dress in the playoffs. Lorentz belongs on the 4th line.

Can someone pull the numbers for 17 to show how he benefited from Barkov and compare those numbers to the other lines.

That was not his goal Thursday. They showed the replay on the Jumbo and he never touched the puck

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Sit 17, he offers absolutely nothing to any line. Every time I saw someone come down the ice and screw the pooch every damn time in the past 3 games it was 17. He doesn’t deserve to dress in the playoffs. Lorentz belongs on the 4th line.

Can someone pull the numbers for 17 to show how he benefited from Barkov and compare those numbers to the other lines.

That was not his goal Thursday. They showed the replay on the Jumbo and he never touched the puck
Im not too down on erod but damn is he frustrating at times.

4th line is very tough to pick stuff from
Lomby-stenlund-gadjo is a hardworking line that can provide some bite. I really like Lorentz when hes on there too, wonder how he looks on a line thats not the 4th too.

Erod has been doing ok on the third line, its scoring again which is great.

But i dunno how much that is just facing meh teams, but then again they were the only ones scoring basically. Id rather have 3 really good lines rather than 2 really really good lines, a third that maybe shows up

Reactions: austropanther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If AM was widely recognized as the best player in the league, they wouldn't care about the cup at all.
It's funny that the panthers will probably be resting most of their important players in the meaningless game, But the Leafs will probably go full lineup to try and get AM 1 more goal.

Unless he tries to be cool and finish with 69 goals. :naughty:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Line three looks great with E-Rod, especially now that Lundell remembered he's allowed to put the puck in the net.

Evan Rodrigues is very frustrating to watch because -- as we have all seen -- he really is an abysmal finisher. But, he's a good skater, he goes hard for loose pucks, he's physical, and he puts himself in good positions, and he sees the ice well.

Think you just take the good with the bad and leave him on line three for now.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
True, but not as good as with Rhino, it just makes the lineup so much deeper and more dangerous 5v5.
This is true, but when you have a guy almost scoring 60 goals with Barky as his center, you don't put him on the 3rd line. He will not be as effective on the 3rd, even if they perform above the average 3rd line.

The bottom line to me is that PoMo cannot really go wrong. He has so many options, and he will use them, also mid-game. We had zero options last year and we had to stick with what we had. This year we will definitely see all kinds of combinations, without having to worry about a huge dropoff in performance.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This is true, but when you have a guy almost scoring 60 goals with Barky as his center, you don't put him on the 3rd line. He will not be as effective on the 3rd, even if they perform above the average 3rd line.

The bottom line to me is that PoMo cannot really go wrong. He has so many options, and he will use them, also mid-game. We had zero options last year and we had to stick with what we had. This year we will definitely see all kinds of combinations, without having to worry about a huge dropoff in performance.
The idea that Barkov is somehow driving Reinhart 5v5, and we would lose his production, based upon 23 5v5 goals, all of which did not come with Barkov for various reasons, when he has shown for multiple seasons as being a PPG guy with those two players is pretty farcical.

It gives us 3 scoring lines instead of 2 super lines and a garbage non factor bottom 6, scoring wise.

We need the lineup depth, and it is the best, most proven and tested option.

Tarasenko is who cannot be taken away from Barkov 5v5. Plus he is better on the RW.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
The idea that Barkov is somehow driving Reinhart 5v5, and we would lose his production, based upon 23 5v5 goals, all of which did not come with Barkov for various reasons, when he has shown for multiple seasons as being a PPG guy with those two players is pretty farcical.

It gives us 3 scoring lines instead of 2 super lines and a garbage non factor bottom 6, scoring wise.

We need the lineup depth, and it is the best, most proven and tested option.

Tarasenko is who cannot be taken away from Barkov 5v5. Plus he is better on the RW.
I agree that Reinhart's production would not fall off a cliff and that Barky is not the only reason Reinhart is working out now.

But I completely disagree with the non-factor bottom 6 in case Reinhart stays on line 1. Lundell-Luosty-ERod were good every time they played together, they just did not capitalize enough regularly - which is the reason why I believe they are the key line if we win the SC, in case they can get going and score more often.

Again, we have options. Over the last half of the season, PoMo's history has shown he likes Barky and Reinhart together which makes it more probable they play together. And if they don't work right away in the POs, Reino will be back with Lundell in no time

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I agree that Reinhart's production would not fall off a cliff and that Barky is not the only reason Reinhart is working out now.

But I completely disagree with the non-factor bottom 6 in case Reinhart stays on line 1. Lundell-Luosty-ERod were good every time they played together, they just did not capitalize enough regularly - which is the reason why I believe they are the key line if we win the SC, in case they can get going and score more often.

Again, we have options. Over the last half of the season, PoMo's history has shown he likes Barky and Reinhart together which makes it more probable they play together. And if they don't work right away in the POs, Reino will be back with Lundell in no time
I like Luo Lundy ERod too, but without a large amount of production over time I just can't justify risking it in the playoffs. Guys will move around regardless but we saw the spark instantly return just 5 games ago.

ERod compliments them too but Rhino brings much more offensive swagger and he is just as good defensively.

It's the same vibe with Cousins, he isn't a 2nd liner on any other team, but he is with Benny and Chucky

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
It sounds like Maurice prefers erod at rw but he’s played penty of lw. I think he’s looked fantastic on the 3rd. Honestly, he needs to just stop shooting for top shelf on every shooting attempt. Every now and then sure but more times than not you’re going to miss that small window. Just shoot them low blocker/low glove. That’s how Verhaeghe and Barkov score all their goals off the rush and many other nhl players. It’s one of the best places you can place it. Worst case it’ll most likely create a rebound. Just stop shooting high every time.

I could also see:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Tarasenko
Cousins-Bennett-Tkachuk
Rodrigues-Lundell-Reinhart
Luostarinen-Stenlund-Lomberg

There’s a lot of combos to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad