Post-Game Talk: Powerplay continues to struggle but Panthers down Sabres 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Is me making the threads the key to success? Will it be post game talk x 16 Leafs vs Panthers in June? It probably has more to do with the terrible teams they're facing. I think the main thing I'll be looking for is a sign of life for the powerplay. There are a couple interesting stories today, Bruins next 2 games are in Pit and in Wsh, 2 teams that need a win much more. The Bruins need at least 4 points from their final 3 games to control their own fate for first. Meanwhile Toronto can still take home ice from Florida. The Panthers need 1 point from their last 2 games to ensure home ice round 1 (maybe they should throw these 2 games?)

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I would like to see the Battle of Florida return, so I am hoping that Boston loses today, the Panthers win, and then we can somehow make up one more point on Boston between today and Tuesday.

Reactions: Vilam

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I also think the PP woes are related to Swaggy. But not just him being out, but when he was in, not utilizing him enough.

Why is Tampa so good on PP? All their players are a threat AND they make use of them. Point in the middle, Stammer on the left, Kuch on the right. I think Reino, Swaggy and Barky are good approximations of them, although admittedly not quite at the Tampa level. And at the point, Hedman is better than Monty. But down low by the goal line, Tkachuk is better than Paul.

Still, the two PP units are similar enough that I think our problem is more utilization than lack of skill, compared to Tampa.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
chrome_VWRHsnoVOi.jpg

lmao when the hell did they add those panther statues? Ive been to so many games this season and never noticed them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad