Value of: Potential Top Pairing LHD to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytduxfan*

I don't understand why you're getting so offensive about this thread when the OP didn't suggest that the Habs should trade Beaulieu/Emelin straight up for a 1LD, when he just said that there will be no space for them so they would have to be included in the deal.

Errrrr... you better check yourself. How is anything in my OP offensive?

So who has a top pairing LHD D-man going spare that would be willing to them for 2nd tier pieces and borderline cap dumps... errrrrrrrrr... no one.

Gotta give to get my man.

Was it the "gotta give to get" part that really got your blood boiling? This smirob character was the one who started throwing out insults. Not me.

Beaulieu is too good a piece to go with one of Galc, Patches or Gallagher. So essentially, you're hoping for a package deal i.e. Beaulieu + 1st + prospect. No one is giving you a top pairing LHD in a package deal. Any top pairing D-men will be a core player on most teams. Hence, they're rarely shopped and usually have high value. You're going to have to overpay in order to entice a team to give one up and a package deal isn't enticing. As far as Emelin, he would be a cap dump. If MTL is likely going to have to overpay in order to get a team to give up a LHD, why would they take on a cap dump? It doesn't make sense.

The OP asked what the value would be. The answer is one of Galc, Patches or Gallagher.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Errrrr... you better check yourself. How is anything in my OP offensive?

Was it the "gotta give to get" part that really got your blood boiling? This smirob character was the one who started throwing out insults. Not me

Beaulieu is too good a piece to go with one of Galc, Patches or Gallagher. So essentially, you're hoping for a package deal i.e. Beaulieu + 1st + prospect. No one is giving you a top pairing LHD in a package deal. Any top pairing D-men will be a core player on most teams. Hence, they're rarely shopped and usually have high value. You're going to have to overpay in order to entice a team to give one up and a package deal isn't enticing. As far as Emelin, he would be a cap dump. If MTL is likely going to have to overpay in order to get a team to give up a LHD, why would they take on a cap dump? It doesn't make sense.

The OP asked what the value would be. The answer is one of Galc, Patches or Gallagher

What insults.

Thanks for the answer.

mytduxfan*

What insults.

I don't know who your man is.

I simply asked the price, no mention of 2nd tier peices and cap dumps.

You've fulfilled your daily quota of contributing nothing with a meaningless post. Thanks for the input.

1: Where did I mention YOUNG.

2: Since when is Beaulieu at 1M a cap dump.

Do some research before commenting in threads please.

You started it. Rather then blaming us for not understanding, how about editing the OP and clearly explaining what you want. Rightly or wrongly, most of us seem to believe that your OP is 'unrealistic' i.e. you're asking for a core asset in the form of a top pairing LHD without seemingly wanting to give up a core asset in return. Clearly, we've all misinterpreted what you're trying to find out.

If I was Montreal I'd kick the tires on Cam Fowler for sure.

This, but MTL probably wouldn't want to pay the price (one of Galc, Patches or Gallagher) and we're not taking Emelin back as a cap dump as we don't need him, nor can we afford it.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
You started it. Rather then blaming us for not understanding, how about editing the OP and clearly explaining what you want. Rightly or wrongly, most of us seem to believe that your OP is 'unrealistic' i.e. you're asking for a core asset in the form of a top pairing LHD without seemingly wanting to give up a core asset in return. Clearly, we've all misinterpreted what you're trying to find out.

This, but MTL probably wouldn't want to pay the price (one of Galc, Patches or Gallagher) and we're not taking Emelin back as a cap dump as we don't need him, nor can we afford it.

errrrr........

How can a value of thread be unrealistic. I make no mention of core assets - you've assumed that.

Simply respond with what you think is fair value.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Marc Staal could play on your top pairing, but he probably won't be very good. Serviceable, but not very good. He'd be relatively cheap as well.

this is a joke

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If Montreal and Anaheim didn't have the exact same needs up front and also a tight cap situation, then maybe they'd talk to Anaheim about Fowler. Since Fowler has already been explored thoroughly in another thread, why are we still talking about Fowler?

BTW, I'm perfectly fine with Montreal's defense as it is... even if it's apparently led by an "old, declining #2 at best defenseman" in Weber. ;)

Apparently, according to HF, Weber's status fell from one of the top defensemen in the league to a pile of garbage since being traded to Montreal, and he hasn't even played a game yet.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
McDonagh for Galchenyuk. This would be contingent on other moves though. Aka our management realizing this mediocre roster is heading nowhere fast. But apparently they still think we can be a contender so...

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I really don't get the Emelin-bashing that takes place on HF. He's a solid #4 stay-at-home defenceman. I even saw someone the other day say they thought Brendan Dillon would be a good fit for their team but scoffed at Emelin.

:shakehead

The way the OP is written a top pairing LHD is going to Montreal, and Emelin (or Beaulieu) is "going the other way".

So in the case of Anaheim, for example, I could see them trading Fowler to Montreal. But there's no way they would take back a more expensive player.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Op should change the title for : some LHD, not first pairing. We may need one but not at all cost, and surely not before we see how Sergachev does at the camp, and then how Markov and Beaulieu can play with Weber.

This being said, a 5 or 6th dman, LH, could be had, I guess, for one of our many depth forwards. Guys like Oleksiak/Lindell/Nemeth from Dallas maybe ? Could Mirco Mueller be available ? This is the kind of options I'd aim for.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Op should change the title for : some LHD, not first pairing. We may need one but not at all cost, and surely not before we see how Sergachev does at the camp, and then how Markov and Beaulieu can play with Weber.

This being said, a 5 or 6th dman, LH, could be had, I guess, for one of our many depth forwards.

I think we have too many of these guys.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fowler is the most intriguing name in the rumor mill. I dont know what Ducks really need other than a back up goaltender. We have a few goalies we can use in the deal.

Don't know if they're looking for young forwards (we have a few of those as well - Andrighetto and Hudon maybe would help).

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
If the Habs are looking at Fowler, I'd assume McCarron would have to be going back the other way

mytduxfan*

errrrr........

How can a value of thread be unrealistic. I make no mention of core assets - you've assumed that.

Simply respond with what you think is fair value.

Errrrrrr... do you even know what you've written in the OP?

With the Weber/Subban trade - our Defence looks a lot different.

I think Markov is still our best option as top pairing LHD - but he is slowing down and cannot be paired with Weber imo.

Beaulieu, personally hasn't lived up to my expectations. He is a good option at 2LD - but we currently have 3 dmen who can fill that role (Markov-Emelin-Beaulieu). Maybe Weber has a big enough impact on Beau, but I see the top pairing LHD spot as open.

Which teams have an excess of LHD - with a 1 - 1A type situation on the left-side and what would this player cost.

Obviously one of Beaulieu/Emelin would need to be going the other way.

So any deal starts with Beaulieu/Emelin. You said this, not me, and the problem with it is:

Beaulieu is too good a pieces to add to a Galc, Patches, Gallagher deal. So the team giving up a LHD would have to take a package deal? Why would they do that? MTL is the team that is going to have to overpay because no top pairing LHDs are being actively shopped. If you want my core player, I want one of yours, not a package deal.

Emelin is a cap dump. No one wants Emelin. Moving him will cost your extra or, more likely, kill any deal.

You set the scene here, not us. I commented on the scene you set. You haven't made a "value of" thread in the purest sense and "yes", you're being totally unrealistic in your expectations.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Errrrrrr... do you even know what you've written in the OP?

So any deal starts with Beaulieu/Emelin. You said this, not me, and the problem with it is:

Beaulieu is too good a pieces to add to a Galc, Patches, Gallagher deal. So the team giving up a LHD would have to take a package deal? Why would they do that? MTL is the team that is going to have to overpay because no top pairing LHDs are being actively shopped. If you want my core player, I want one of yours, not a package deal.

Emelin is a cap dump. No one wants Emelin. Moving him will cost your extra or, more likely, kill any deal.

You set the scene here, not us. I commented on the scene you set. You haven't made a "value of" thread in the purest sense and "yes", you're being totally unrealistic in your expectations.

Maybe we have different viewpoints on what core assets are.

I consider some prospects core assets. You consider only high-end roster players as core-assets.

Let's agree to disagree to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad