Potential Off Season Moves by the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I can foresee a Habs-Avs big trade.

Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Juulsen + their 1st round pick

for

Duchene and AVS' 1st round pick (Patrick or Hischier)

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

for

Galchenyuk = Duchene

You think your getting Nolan Patrick for a late first, Beaulieu & Juulsen?

No way that trade happens, and if it did you'd have to replace Juulsen with Sergachev.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009

for

No way this deal happens. They asked for Sergachev to begin with for Duchene. At best Galchenyuk = Duchene. Beaulieu's value is probably pretty low right now, Juulsen is nice. The Habs 1st round pick is probably going to be around 20 something. Not really enticing for the AVs to give up their 1st overall pick(most likely depending on the lottery).

The way their season ended and most of their fans calling for action to be done I doubt they move that 1st overall pick at all.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
No way this deal happens. They asked for Sergachev to begin with for Duchene. At best Galchenyuk = Duchene. Beaulieu's value is probably pretty low right now, Juulsen is nice. The Habs 1st round pick is probably going to be around 20 something. Not really enticing for the AVs to give up their 1st overall pick(most likely depending on the lottery).

The way their season ended and most of their fans calling for action to be done I doubt they move that 1st overall pick at all.

I would make the argument that until after the expansion draft that Beaulieu holds basically no trade value.

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
There is no rebuild if you don't start from the foundation... Get rid of Bergevein NOW.

We have the ****ing foundation. We literally need 1 impact player to win the cup and that's it.

1 ****ing #1 center. That's literally all we need.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
We have a pretty good team. We just need a tweak or what I would consider a tweak.

Seeing that there are some Russian players that might come over to the NHL,predicting trades will get complicated.

Moves that I would make:

1) Get a #1 or worse case scenario #2 center.

2) Trade Patches - I really don't want him on any team I support.

3) Get a top 6 left winger

1 and 3 could be filled by signing one or more of those Russians escaping the K and if it's just one Russian we get than we could use Patches to fill the other requirement.

I would keep Galchenyuk. It would be lunacy to trade him now.

The main reasons we lost was because

1) Patches & Chucky didn't show up. If we would have got 3 or 4 goals from those two players, we would won this series. Just look at the scoreboard. Chucky is 23 and that ship can be righted. Patches is 28 going on 29 and a repeat offender to boot. I want his ass out of Montreal.

2) Lundqvist outplayed Price. Carey is still an elite goalie. If Patches & Chucky would have pulled their weight, we would not be discussing trading Price.

This should be done before the start of next season. During the year we would need to judge how effective the changes are. If not enough then one or more trades at TDL would be needed.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
I know these will never happen but dare to dream:

Scherbak, Nygren (rights), 2nd for Edler
Galchenyuk, Petry, Beaulieu for MacKinnon
Price and Gallagher for Ehlers, Trouba, Kyle Connor
Sign Shipachev 4.5 million/2 years
Sign Radulov 6 million/4 years
Sign Markov 3 million/1 year if you can dump Emelin
Sign Bishop 7 million/3 years
Pleks and 3rd to Vegas

Patches Shipachev Radulov
Lehkonen MacKinnon Ehlers
Connor Danault Shaw
Byron Mac Mitchell
JDR

Edler Weber
Benn Trouba( tell him Montreal is in U.S.)
Emelin(hopefully Markov and then bump Benn to 3rd pairing) Davidson
Sergachev

Bishop
Montoya

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
We have a pretty good team. We just need a tweak or what I would consider a tweak.

Seeing that there are some Russian players that might come over to the NHL,predicting trades will get complicated.

Moves that I would make:

1) Get a #1 or worse case scenario #2 center.

2) Trade Patches - I really don't want him on any team I support.

3) Get a top 6 left winger

1 and 3 could be filled by signing one or more of those Russians escaping the K and if it's just one Russian we get than we could use Patches to fill the other requirement.

I would keep Galchenyuk. It would be lunacy to trade him now.

The main reasons we lost was because

1) Patches & Chucky didn't show up. If we would have got 3 or 4 goals from those two players, we would won this series. Just look at the scoreboard. Chucky is 23 and that ship can be righted. Patches is 28 going on 29 and a repeat offender to boot. I want his ass out of Montreal.

2) Lundqvist outplayed Price. Carey is still an elite goalie. If Patches & Chucky would have pulled their weight, we would not be discussing trading Price today.

I don't think its fair to blame Galchenyuk here. My thinking is if you put him on the 4th line then you should expect 4th line production. He wasn't put in a position to succeed. He was set up to fail. That's not on him.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't think its fair to blame Galchenyuk here. My thinking is if you put him on the 4th line then you should expect 4th line production. He wasn't put in a position to succeed. He was set up to fail. That's not on him.

I'm not blaming Chucky. I'm telling you what I think happened. He didn't show up. Whose to blame for that I'll leave up to god and little children to decide.

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
What this thread is about, is that we have already lost our chance at the SCF and will now be stuck in mediocrity. This team is not headed for a SCF if it continues to be ran by MB.

We have a solid core. We need a #1 center and a top 4 D. That's it. With a #1 center we have 4 good lines. With a top 4 D we have 3 good pairings.

That's all we need. The SCF window is still here.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

We have a solid core. We need a #1 center and a top 4 D. That's it. With a #1 center we have 4 good lines. With a top 4 D we have 3 good pairings.

That's all we need. The SCF window is still here.

Really? We have a GM who has done nothing to trade for a top6 C. We have a GM who trades a PMD for a SHD with a big shot. The team has no young PMD who are NHL ready. Markov is at the end of his road, useful but should be sheltered and played less so he is fresh come playoffs.

We have barely any assets to make trades. If we trade Galchenyuk, we make another hole that won't be filled.

Cover your eyes, block your ears but reality is this team needs a lot more than 2 players to be competitive.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Sylvain Lefebvre gave an interview to Ron Fournier before their AHL Series.

Fournier asked him who were the players that progressed the most and were near NHL play.

In order:

DLR
Lindgren
Lernout

a bit of hesitation and he added

Hudon

and finally Scherback who stll needs some seasoning at AHL level.

So our best hopes for next season are: a 4th line center/winger, a bottom-pairing d-man, and a goalie. Hudon still seems like someone they hate talking about.

McCarron needs to play on a regular basis next year, or else.
That's why Lefebvre needs to get out, asap. Not can he not do his job I seriously doubt he understands what exactly is his job. MOAR grinders, lol.

Jul 6, 2016
That's why Lefebvre needs to get out, asap. Not can he not do his job I seriously doubt he understands what exactly is his job. MOAR grinders, lol.

Sorry, But it means he has not much in his hands to do better.

Timmins and his scouting team must take lots of blames too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In the best organizations in sport, they build a culture of teaching and learning that supports young players (or established guys needing a new start/labelled as problems elsewhere) developing that resilient/mentally tough winning mindset.

Under Bergevin, Therrien & Lefebvre we have been the exact opposite... a franchise that chews up most of our talent and whereby only a few guys manage to thrive despite the organization, not because of it. And we traded away the guy who best exemplified that.

Do your homework. Look at the 2008-2011 draft years. Don't matter who was coach for the AHL team since MB got hired. The lack of picks and bad picks is the reason why.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Really? We have a GM who has done nothing to trade for a top6 C. We have a GM who trades a PMD for a SHD with a big shot. The team has no young PMD who are NHL ready. Markov is at the end of his road, useful but should be sheltered and played less so he is fresh come playoffs.

We have barely any assets to make trades. If we trade Galchenyuk, we make another hole that won't be filled.

Cover your eyes, block your ears but reality is this team needs a lot more than 2 players to be competitive.

Habs need minimum 2 centres. Not necessarily elite centres but 2 quality centre who can both put up 50-60 pts
Two coaches have now realized Galchenyuk has something missing in his game to make him a quality centre
danault is a 3rd liner on a good team. Hell even on the Canucks he's not on the top 2 lines
Team is going no where without centres. It's painfully obvious to everyone except that idiot Bergevin

Last edited:

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Lol at people saying all we need is a number 1 center. Yes because those are so available. In the cap era you get them by sucking and drafting high enough. Habs are too good to suck and missed out on the McDavid/Matthews opportunities. Honestly I see the next 3 seasons as being a slow decent into avsolute mediocrity

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry, But it means he has not much in his hands to do better.

Timmins and his scouting team must take lots of blames too.

I disagree with the way he does his job. It's easy enough to get grinders, we don't need a grinder factory to develop more moar grinders. We need to develop top offensive or two way players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I disagree with the way he does his job. It's easy enough to get grinders, we don't need a grinder factory to develop more moar grinders. We need to develop top offensive or two way players.

Need to draft these guys your talking about and you also need to draft in the top 10 more often than we have

Jul 6, 2016

You need to draft good ones, first and above all. You need to draft real talented and skilled players.

Explain me why we have Mccarron, Juulsen, Sherback, Fucale, DLR, Crisp, and not Sprong, Barbachev, Duclair, Nicolas Roy, Beauvillier or Joseph ?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
trade plekanec, sign thornton. LAteral move but at least we get a veteran that went to the SCF

trade galchenyuk + beaulieu + 3rd for logan couture

play sergachev on 3rd pairing

let Emelin walk to LV

Keep pacioretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad