Potential Off Season Moves by the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
I cannot fathom any potential deal where we lose Gallagher. I know he had his ups and downs this season, but he is the engine and the heart and soul to this team. We would regret losing him very, very much.

Jul 6, 2016
I cannot fathom any potential deal where we lose Gallagher. I know he had his ups and downs this season, but he is the engine and the heart and soul to this team. We would regret losing him very, very much.

Gallagher is a keeper. Ideal 2nd line RW.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
We learned 8 years ago that trying to overhaul a deeply flawed team in a single summer is likely to result in continued mediocrity and set the franchise back even more. The Habs need to trade their assets like Price, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk while they still have value, stockpile prospects and picks in the upcoming deep 2018 draft, and commit to a 3+ year rebuild.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) Give LV a 2nd round pick and have them take Pleky in the expansion draft. Frees up Cap space to acquire upgrades at center.

2) Resign Radulov (5 years max) and Markov (2 years for a lower AAV cap hit)

3) Trade for Duchene on draft day

4) Resign Price. If he wants too much or wants to go to UFA. Sign and trade deal. There will be plenty of teams interested. Let's hope Price wants to stay for a reasonable AAV cap hit.

5) Sign Shipachev or Hanzal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We learned 8 years ago that trying to overhaul a deeply flawed team in a single summer is likely to result in continued mediocrity and set the franchise back even more. The Habs need to trade their assets like Price, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk while they still have value, stockpile prospects and picks in the upcoming deep 2018 draft, and commit to a 3+ year rebuild.

Rebuilds are not that easy. A lot of moving variables you won't have control over.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
1) Give LV a 2nd round pick and have them take Pleky in the expansion draft. Frees up Cap space to acquire upgrades at center.

2) Resign Radulov (5 years max) and Markov (2 years for a lower AAV cap hit)

3) Trade for Duchene on draft day

4) Resign Price. If he wants too much or wants to go to UFA. Sign and trade deal. There will be plenty of teams interested. Let's hope Price wants to stay for a reasonable AAV cap hit.

5) Sign Shipachev or Hanzal.

Here we go again throwing away assests(2nd round pick).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Two months away from the draft, where potentially lots of moves take place. It's going to be a long two months as we wait for something to happen -- maybe.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
You need to draft good ones, first and above all. You need to draft real talented and skilled players.

Explain me why we have Mccarron, Juulsen, Sherback, Fucale, DLR, Crisp, and not Sprong, Barbachev, Duclair, Nicolas Roy, Beauvillier or Joseph ?

Sylvain has been here 5 years, and other then Beaulieu, what does he have to show during that time?

That's his job, to prepare guys for the NHL. I don't like his track record or the way he does his job. There's nothing to like, sure he hasn't had the best prospects but you still have to work with what you got.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Here we go again throwing away assests(2nd round pick).

Well, if you want Pleky gone and free up space, it's the necessary evil.

Your completely missing the point. Do what it takes to free up cap space and improve the center of the ice! But hey, you can cherry pick one small part of the post I made. Stay focused

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
There will be changes! That I'm personally sure of

Well obviously there will be changes. That's easy to say
But what kind of changes.
Bergevin time after time has told everyone that trades for big players don't happen
So if you're expecting an impact forward or two, keep dreaming.
Not happening
He will say sherbak and Hudon along with sergachev are the answer
Build within

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Rebuilds are not that easy. A lot of moving variables you won't have control over.

Look at the team we have. Untalented, aging core with a superstar goalie who might be gone after next season. One forward with high-end offensive talent who is a UFA this summer and may not re-sign. One moderately talented young player in Lehkonen. No #1 center or #1 D. No prospect pool to speak of.

This is the worst shape the organization has been in since Gainey took over more than a decade ago. There's no future here, so taking the risk and trying to rebuild through the draft is the best way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad