Injury Report: Post season injury list

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Man. I think you could say that for majority of our forwards and D-men. They let skaters just skate by without an ounce of physical contact.

I don't even care about being a team like LA that feels the need to hit anything that moves but I definitely think contact like that will wear a team down over a series. A hit at the right time in the D-zone will often cause the puck carrier to turn it over or slow them down. I felt like we did that fairly well in the Vegas series but then just stopped doing it.

Also, this is something that is pretty much invisible during the regular season except a few guys.
I don't mind the lack of hitting in the regular season. Rather the guys stay healthy. In the playoffs though you have to hit. They couldn't hit the Avs because they either were injured or they couldn't catch them. The blues were just bigger and more single minded about it. They took over the series because of it.
Hasn't been mentioned but .. Was there anything physically wrong with Sorensen ?
Almost certain he sat because of injury toward the end. He got absolutely crushed a few times in the blues series and fell awkwardly. PDB even said something about a little guy like him needing a break to recharge because of the physicality. I think that was code for him being f***ed up and needing to recover a little before he could go again.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I ran into a friend yesterday who is pretty close to the team, and he made a comment about lots of hand and wrist injuries. Not sure if that was based on what is publicly available or actual insider insight, but it jives with what we observed/speculated.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I ran into a friend yesterday who is pretty close to the team, and he made a comment about lots of hand and wrist injuries. Not sure if that was based on what is publicly available or actual insider insight, but it jives with what we observed/speculated.
But the league said they’d crack down on slashing? Maybe all the Sharks fell washing their trucks.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
If you think about it that powerplay deferential alone could have saved the sharks more than one game.
It would have shortened the Colorado series to 5 games imo. That rest would have been critical in the St. Louis series even if the shitty PP-remerged. So many of STL's goals in that series were the result of unforced errors that I credit to fatigue.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
It would have shortened the Colorado series to 5 games imo. That rest would have been critical in the St. Louis series even if the ****ty PP-remerged. So many of STL's goals in that series were the result of unforced errors that I credit to fatigue.
Especially the D-corps. Can you imagine what a difference a couple of days off might have made for Burns or Karlsson?

Reactions: Phu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad