Injury Report: Post season injury list

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone who thinks Kane wasn't significantly I hired in these PO's doesn't watch much Sharks hockey. Players don't go from being one of the most prolific shooters on the team to a pass first guys just because.
Ahhh... Someone else who pays attention! Welcome! Try not to feel bad, you're going to feel alone thinking like that here but believe me there are a few of us like you here.:naughty:

Reactions: fasterthanlight

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Wow that's crazy! What the point of it then? I thought you had to sign it away or something to agree to something like that. What the hell have I been signing all these times?
it applies to your medical providers and insurance companies. i believe the primary consideration is to protect you from repercussions BY employers for health reasons.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce
Jul 10, 2010
Kane is obviously dealing with stuff guys haha hes just not being a wiener. He wasnt even shooting the puck or hitting people he only had his legs left because he was still skating hard.
"nothing major" is Kane not wanting to make excuses for his play, but acknowledging he did have some injuries

Kane might think a 2nd grade AC sprain isnt major cause its not a 3rd grade, but its still going to impact his play significantly.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I heard a rumor that Kane's wrist was heavily wrapped.. I'm guessing he broke something with his fight and he realized it was a stupid thing to do thus the "no excuses".

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
I heard a rumor that Kane's wrist was heavily wrapped.. I'm guessing he broke something with his fight and he realized it was a stupid thing to do thus the "no excuses".
Also if this is the case it would be in his best interest to not divulge that for his sake, sake of the fans, sake of eating shit from reaves about it etc

Reactions: Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Did he actually say 'no excuses' in his interview(s)? If he did, then you may be right. Atleast he is accepting responsibility in that case.

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
So what was wrong with Dillon, after such a great regular season he really bombed hard in the playoffs. It didn't appear to be injury related, did it?
No just the level of competition was uniformly higher than the regular season average and he wasn't really up to it. But kudos to him, he was a physical factor against Vegas and his hits DID make a difference.

Reactions: sub_zero94

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Wow that's crazy! What the point of it then? I thought you had to sign it away or something to agree to something like that. What the hell have I been signing all these times?
Yes that is the irony of the whole thing and I have also enlightened people before. No one (except me and maybe aircobra and a few lawyers) have ever read the document they were given to sign with the assurance of a receptionist that what it means is that your privacy is protected. Even the title of it is a give away. It was designed to "Protect" the "health insurance" industry by permitting total transparency of your private medical information throughout the insurance industry. And it is available to ANYONE who claims to have a legitimate "business need" for it. The carrot they offer you the patient in return for for pretty much guaranteeing that anyone in the world who wants your private information can have it is by making the office staff agree, under criminal penalty, that they will not be careless leaving your files lying around or gossiping about you by name at Starbucks. That is the "privacy" that HIPPA affords.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
No just the level of competition was uniformly higher than the regular season average and he wasn't really up to it. But kudos to him, he was a physical factor against Vegas and his hits DID make a difference.
He was also getting hung out to dry a lot and Pete had no confidence in him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

How did his hits make a difference?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Definitely got the Knights back on their heels a bit and made for soem more open ice for SJ to play their game. That was decidedly true so lets not argue about that.

I really don't know how you can support this with any semblance of evidence. He had 12 hits in the four wins the team had against Vegas. One in game 7 when he was stapled to the bench because of his poor play.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
So what was wrong with Dillon, after such a great regular season he really bombed hard in the playoffs. It didn't appear to be injury related, did it?
Karlsson broke him psychologically?

It is a big question. Maybe he had adapted his game to work with healthy Karlsson. You need to be in entirely different places for healthy Karlsson than injured Karlsson because healthy Karlsson steps up and makes passes to players that would otherwise be covered.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
Kane is also still dealing with repercussions from the loss of child earlier this spring. That's not something that leaves your thinking "like that". It may be training camp before he's nothing thinking about it hourly, or might be until forever. :dunno:

Speaking from experience, it’s something that will never fully go away. Though I will say the times that it comes back to mind are when the brain is more idle.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
I have a screenshot of the game 6 lineup still and looking at it just makes me angry.

Can’t wait to see St. Louis win the cup over the Providence Bruins in game 7.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
So has this board convinced Kane he was injured in the playoffs and that’s why he sucked, yet?

Last edited:

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
You literally can not tell anything about how hurt a player is based on what they say. They all have such different attitudes about their own capacities, and different feelings about the extent to which injuries = excuses.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
So has this board convinced Kane he was injured in the playoffs and that’s why he sucked, yet?

You're right. Healthy players like Kane stop shooting and hitting just for the hell of it.

It's not that he was just ineffective, but that his entire game was played differently than we'd ever seen him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad