Prospect Info: Post deadline prospect rankings

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Forgive me. I never want to be too far out of the group think.

From what I saw in the regular season , and heard in previous discussions , Anderson was our top prospect and Chytyl was a little lower on the chart.

Now since we have Russian and Kovy might come to entice other Russians , is Chytyl now more in favor because he’s from a former Soviet block and has a Cyrillic name, and has Andersson fell out of favor as the Lundqvist error draws close to its end , so Swedes are less sexy now?
Andersson (7th overall) was pegged as the safer prospect, closer to being NHL ready. Chytil (21st overall), almost a full year younger, was considered to be further away but potentially higher upside.

So what you're telling me, is that when the prospect that was ranked lower because he wasn't viewed as near NHL ready outperformed the other prospect in NHL training camp, made the NHL team to start the season and out paced him at the AHL level, you didn't consider that that prospect might be the stronger prospect? Instead it's because Chytil's name is Cyrillic and we're all Kovalchuk-crazy?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Andersson (7th overall) was pegged as the safer prospect, closer to being NHL ready. Chytil (21st overall), almost a full year younger, was considered to be further away but potentially higher upside.

So what you're telling me, is that when the prospect that was ranked lower because he wasn't viewed as near NHL ready outperformed the other prospect in NHL training camp, made the NHL team to start the season and out paced him at the AHL level, you didn't consider that that prospect might be the stronger prospect? Instead it's because Chytil's name is Cyrillic and we're all Kovalchuk-crazy?
He thinks he’s clever and witty, but he’s the exact opposite.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I was hoping that was a joke. I know his shtick is to be like a slightly-more-coherent The Mouth, so I wasn't sure.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

He thinks he’s clever and witty, but he’s the exact opposite.

I was hoping that was a joke. I know his shtick is to be like a slightly-more-coherent The Mouth, so I wasn't sure.

I suspect a few minds would have some explosive reactions if mildly complicated Russian/Czech dynamic from their Soviet block period were brought into discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I suspect a few minds might would have some explosive reactions if mildly complicated Russian/Czech dynamic from their Soviet block period were brought into discussion.

I was just trying to say the prospect ranking are very silly and generally downright laughably wrong in no less than one years time.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
There are a number of guys running under the radar or that we don't know very much at all of right now. Anyway you're missing Nieves who the Rangers gave a 28 game trial to this year with somewhat mixed results but more okay/good than bad and IMO it's not that hard to see him doing a steady 4th line C role in the NHL for several years. Chris Bigras is only 22 with minimal NHL time with Colorado has had some injury issues. It's possible he could be in the mix in the near future. Gabriel Fontaine--yeah his numbers in Hartford aren't really gaudy but he's a heads up Dominic Moore type player who might also fill a 4th line C role for us. The jury is out on Ryan Gropp still. Not a great season but he did finish kind of strong.
Thank you. How could I forget Boo and Bigras? I would place Boo at 11 and Bigras around 18. Fontaine I like, but we have so many prospects that couldn't fit him (not saying good or great prospects, but decent ones). Gropp I am very low on. I also dislike guys like Zborovskiy and Sproul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad