Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Our Power-Play would look pretty different with Big Buff on the point.

We sure Babcock wouldn't stick him in front of the net? He loves "netfront presence" and Buff was actually decent at it on other teams.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We sure Babcock wouldn't stick him in front of the net? He loves "netfront presence" and Buff was actually decent at it on other teams.

Yeah, we have those net-front guys, but lack a pointmen.

------------------------- GOALIE ----------- Datsyuk (L)
------------------------- Franzen -------------------------
--- Alfredsson (R) ----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------- Zetterberg (L)(Nyquist before Z is healthy)
----------------------- Byfuglien (R) ---------------------

Just want to see something like this some day.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Which is good, but it's still a position of less need and less value. If he is a permanent convert to wing, and keeps scoring, he frees us up to make a trade but we still need some guys to develop up the middle.

Not trying to sound overly harsh on the guy, or to rag on him, but I'd much rather have him excelling as a center - especially with his tools.

I understand your point. I thought he was trying out for center this year, but he is so much better on the wing. I'd love a ctr with Helmer speed that could move the netting

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Would Kesler really cost Nyquist/Tatar+Jurco/Sheahan+Mantha+2014 1st that St.James is specualting in? mind blowing and not worth it at all.

Absolutely not I would only give up that if it was netting me something like Weber.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Would Kesler really cost Nyquist/Tatar+Jurco/Sheahan+Mantha+2014 1st that St.James is specualting in? mind blowing and not worth it at all.

no, not one single player in the history of the game has cost that much via a trade

she is as bad as hf board posters who choose to ignore history

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Ehrhoff makes the most sense for Detroit to target given his contract at $4M is a deal, and the length could only end up burning Buffalo under the new CBA. He has the limited no-trade, a list of 8 teams he cannot be traded to, so if we're not on that than we have a little better shot as well with 8 less teams to be bidding against.

Tater, Kindl and a protected 2015 and beyond first?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I wanted Ehrhoff when he hit FA, and i still would not mind picking him up. The recapture penalty would only apply to Buffalo, which makes his contract very appealing.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
What is this Mantha + 1st for Byfuglien non-sense I've seen?

I wouldn't trade that for Kesler or Edler let alone Buff.

An AHL player and a 1st which most likely will turn into a fringe NHL player is not worth a pretty good NHL player?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
You just can't trade Mantha yet, you have to see him in the AHL first / or his first few games in the NHL is he's so good that he starts in the NHL right away, just too much potential to trade, for a forseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad