WJC: [POOL] Statsy's WJC Pool

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Wow, that came out of nowhere. And I was 50/50 on drafting him or Lipon until Ben did just a few picks before me. Crazy!

Glad to see McNeill get the call though. He probably should have been there anyway.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I must be the favorite since I have Subban...

:shakehead

That, my friend, is why I took Gibson with the first goalie pick; the only pool in which Subban didn't go as top goalie. Having said that, the Canada brass still loves this guy and if Binnington stinks up his start or Subban has a good game against Germany or Slovakia, he will still be given the opportunity to be the starter.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I'm still a big fan of Malcolm Subban, and a couple of unspectacular games won't change that. All goalies go through periods of low confidence, but this just happens to be awful timing for the kid. Then again, I suppose that just prior to the tournament is much better than during the elimination round.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Subban's fundamentals scare the **** out of me. He's an athletic goaltender which is why the Bruins took a chance on him in the first round but those fundamentals need A LOT of work.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Binnington does have one edge out there. If all else fails he can stop the puck with his gigantic nose.

2011SQHeadshotBinningtonDraft.jpg

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
As of now, in addition to the three replacements we already know about, the US need to cut another defenseman and are awaiting some injury related news. The rumour mill has it that the player is Connor Murphy, but nothing is confirmed. Boone Jenner is also up in the air due to his impending suspension.

Here's how we're going to handle the re-draft:

There are a number of ways we can sort this draft order, but the most logical seems to be to go in the order that players required replacing. This means we can start picking now without waiting for a resolution to the previously mentioned players that have unresolved statuses.

With that said, Zlobin was the first cut, so nabby12, you may now draft a replacement for him. Up next would be Ben Dover for Hudon, and then back to nabby12 for a
Vainonen replacement.

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
And we may want to put a time limit on the wait for people to pick for this part, considering the amount of time left before the tournament

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Ben is next to replace Hudon, but as you need a dman, nabby12, you can just make that pick now if you would like.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I've updated your team list, Nabby. Now we're just waiting for Ben to replace his guy.

And Kes, I don't know what to tell ya man. Tough break. If they cut him, you could have drafted another guy, but as it is you're gonna have to get it done down three games. I think the IIHF overreacted, but there's no question they had seen him involved in other questionable activities in this event and wanted to make an example of him.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I've updated your team list, Nabby. Now we're just waiting for Ben to replace his guy.

And Kes, I don't know what to tell ya man. Tough break. If they cut him, you could have drafted another guy, but as it is you're gonna have to get it done down three games. I think the IIHF overreacted, but there's no question they had seen him involved in other questionable activities in this event and wanted to make an example of him.

Ya it sucks. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad