WJC: Poll : The Odds Of The World Juniors Happening???

The Odds Of The World Juniors Happening???

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Supposedly in the US the vaccine is pretty imminent. My mom is a nursing prof and she knows people who have been told they personally will be vaccinated in 2 weeks. Who knows if these kids can get it sooner? I know it's just junior hockey, but we're talking about random nurses in Michigan getting it, so I think it could happen. And if it does, the tournament will go off without a hitch.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Supposedly in the US the vaccine is pretty imminent. My mom is a nursing prof and she knows people who have been told they personally will be vaccinated in 2 weeks. Who knows if these kids can get it sooner? I know it's just junior hockey, but we're talking about random nurses in Michigan getting it, so I think it could happen. And if it does, the tournament will go off without a hitch.
A nice thought but if they considered giving precious vaccine to kids to play hockey, the world would revolt - and rightly so.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Wow. That's not right.
It's a free market economy. If you want to buy it, go ahead and call them up!

As far as the world Juniors happening, it's between 90 and 99%. Everyone is already in individual bubbles and testing often.
There's a small chance that one or two teams have to forfeit, but this thing is going to happen.

Out of curiosity, what made you go from 80% to 15% in a few days?

Reactions: Luckylarry

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

As far as the world Juniors happening, it's between 90 and 99%. Everyone is already in individual bubbles and testing often.
There's a small chance that one or two teams have to forfeit, but this thing is going to happen.
Re : "It's a free market economy. If you want to buy it, go ahead and call them up!"

Usually I would agree with you but not for a Covid vaccine. You don't buy it and give it to rich young athletes when older people are so vulnerable.

Re : "As far as the world Juniors happening, it's between 90 and 99%. Everyone is already in individual bubbles and testing often.
There's a small chance that one or two teams have to forfeit, but this thing is going to happen."

Hope you're right.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Out of curiosity, what made you go from 80% to 15% in a few days?

It is free market, however I was under the impression that these countries put in orders months and months ago while it and hundreds of other vaccines were still in development. Now that this couple of vaccines have passed the testing phases I would think anyone jumping to try to buy it themselves would be well down the list behind all the countries that put in orders to every potentially viable vaccine. Meaning they'll get it eventually, but it could be a few months as I'd assume the first orders will be filled first.

If some business-person was smart enough to get in line months ago before it was confirmed viable then congrats to that guy, he should expect his shipment of doses soon. I doubt anyone could call now requesting a mass of doses and get them within the next 2 months.

Reactions: Faterson

TheGreekShot

Nov 28, 2019
I'd go with 80% for now. If teams get into Canada safely (namely the Finland/Sweden/Russia chartered flight), I'll up that to 90% pending the initial covid tests in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad