POLL: How many Lake Erie Monsters will make the CBJ opening night roster for 2016?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I suspect though, that in reality JJ will be kept to be prudent and Prout will be kept because someone can't judge talent and doesn't realize he could be a boat anchor for Werenski.

Murray - Jones
JJ - Savard
Werenski - Prout
Goloubef

Tyutin bought out.

I feel this is also likely, if for no other reason, we recently re-signed Prout.

At forward we (should) have:

Foligno - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Saad - Jenner - Puljujarvi
Hartnell - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Calvert - Karlsson - Clarkson
Campbell / Boll

No room for Anderson or Rychel as long as Clarkson, Campbell, and Boll are on the roster.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I feel this is also likely, if for no other reason, we recently re-signed Prout.

Campbell / Boll

No room for Anderson or Rychel as long as Clarkson, Campbell, and Boll are on the roster.

Switch first two lines and I agree

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I just have a feeling one of Forsberg or Korpisalo will be part of a trade. That leaves one to run LEM and be a call up and Elvis coming over to be a backup. Just a hunch

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014

Campbell / Boll

Jenner - Stemkos - Bjork
Saad - Wennberg- PoolParty
Rychel - Foligno/Karlsson - Atkinson
and our secret weapon Boll - Campbell - Clarkson
:sarcasm:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Switch first two lines and I agree

I think the Jenner line would be the first line as far as production goes. However, most nights, I think we'd see the Dubinsky line be the starters and face off against the opposition's top line.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Can anyone explain the talk of "if" the draft pick is ready and Puljujarvi as "Probable" to make the team? We're picking third overall. There are three elite players in this draft. Puljujarvi (or Laine if the Jets go off script) is a lock to make the 23-man roster unless he's on IR.

What point is there in sending an NHL-ready player back to Europe or to the American League?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Can anyone explain the talk of "if" the draft pick is ready and Puljujarvi as "Probable" to make the team? We're picking third overall. There are three elite players in this draft. Puljujarvi (or Laine if the Jets go off script) is a lock to make the 23-man roster unless he's on IR.

What point is there in sending an NHL-ready player back to Europe or to the American League?

Title of the thread is how many "LE Monsters" will be on roster, not rookies.

I agree Pulj will be on the roster I would assume as well.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Title of the thread is how many "LE Monsters" will be on roster, not rookies.

I agree Pulj will be on the roster I would assume as well.

I brought it up in this thread because both statements I addressed were made earlier in this thread re: the impact of the draft pick on how many Monsters will make the team next year.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't know if its essential that Puljujarvi make the team. He would probably rack up a good 40ish pts from a sheltered line, but I don't know if we need that, and he might develop better at a lower level. He's ready but he's also at a stage where he'll be learning a huge amount even if he is sent to the AHL. SM-Liiga, I'm not so sure. I want him on the small ice.

I'm not saying I don't want him up here, I just don't know if it's as much a no-brainer as some make it out to be.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I voted 4. Bjorkstrand, Anderson, and Werenski, and Sedlak.

Looks pretty close to set.

I remembered this thread as "how many rookies will make the team" and couldn't find it. Because I was going to comment, that with Nutivaara included, that's 5 rookies! How often has Columbus done that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad