Poll: Better future - Devils or Sens

Better future

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I can think of one team that is easily in that group and close to if not at the top.

Ducks?

I can't help but feel like Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Stutzle, Brann, Sanderson, Gustavsson/Daccord just might be...significantly better than the Devils young core.

There's many players in the Sens organization that will be as good or better than the guys you named. I'd bet on Sogaard being better than Daccord for example.

You also forgot 24 y/o Chabot. Also, Zub, Pinto, Formenton, Sokolov, Greig, Bernard-Docker... many that could be named. They're not just "B" prospects

Tkachuk and Zacha should be around the same value
Bratt is about equal ot Batherson.

I wonder how these 2 matchups would go in polls...

I particularly love the 2nd one

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Both overpaid, Subban should retire soon, Chabot is going to be overpaid for the duration of his contract.

Of course. Terrible contract Chabot has. Is that why you left him off out of the comparisons?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He kinda is lol, vanilla player that is just overplayed on a bad squad. Can you say for certainty that he is a top pair D on a contender?

Bottom pair on a perennial contender like the Habs.

Reactions: Masked

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He kinda is lol, vanilla player that is just overplayed on a bad squad. Can you say for certainty that he is a top pair D on a contender?

You are part of the group of people who thought Subban was better than Karlsson.

Also that bad team won the season series against your cap team.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bottom pair on a perennial contender like the Habs.

Sheesh what a useless exchange

You are part of the group of people who thought Subban was better than Karlsson.

Subban and Karlsson both shared time at the #1 spot from 11 to 16, its entirely reasonable to prefer one over the other.

Also, yeah, the Habs are a bottom feeding team too, and to top it all off they are badly coached. (IDK If the sens are coached appropriately but I highly doubt hes as bad as ducharme is.)

Also the Sens have a lot of talent.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I actually like the Devils here, they're very young and comparatively deep with an improving Jack Hughes and even got a sneaky 60pt pace from noted bust Pavel Zacha. They just need Blackwood to hit.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sheesh what a useless exchange

Agreed. Always difficult to have a useful exchange with someone who's feelings are so hurt they forget about the top defensemen on an opposing team who is undeniably better than any defensemen on their own team.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agreed. Always difficult to have a useful exchange with someone who's feelings are so hurt they forget about the top defensemen on an opposing team who is undeniably better than any defensemen on their own team.
There is absolutely no way in hell Chabot is better than Petry lol.

The rest, sure, the Habs suck. Zub may aswell be the 2nd best D on the habs too.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Very easily the Sens... and looks like this thread will probably close soon due to majority of people thinking same thing

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I actually like the Devils here, they're very young and comparatively deep with an improving Jack Hughes and even got a sneaky 60pt pace from noted bust Pavel Zacha. They just need Blackwood to hit.

I think this is pretty close.

Sens had a strong finish to the season and we've been told that they are on the verge of greatness for a while.

The Devils on the other hand did not have a great season. Jersey is definitely better at C than Ottawa and that is kind of a big deal.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Subban and Karlsson both shared time at the #1 spot from 11 to 16, its entirely reasonable to prefer one over the other.

What are you on about? Karlsson was in another universe enti....

There is absolutely no way in hell Chabot is better than Petry lol.

Oh.

:biglaugh:

Petry is a good dman but not on the same level as a 24 year old top pair dman.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Thomas Chabot first season was 2017-18, which was also the season the team completely fell apart all of sudden. Chabot never played on a good team... But he has shown what he can do, particularly in his second season in 2018-19 when he still had a bit of talent to play with (Stone, Duchene, Bobby, Dzingel). The team has been in COMPLETE rebuild since. It obviously wasn't going to be easy.

This is the other D-men he "had the chance" to play with in his 4 years in Ottawa :

Mark Borowiecki (158 games, honest bottom-pair D-man, has been played too high/much at times too)
Cody Ceci (156 games, not the Pittsburgh version, but the way overplayed Ottawa version)
Dylan DeMelo (126 games, the best guy he was paired with)
Nikita Zaitsev (113 games, the second best guy he was paired with)
Ben Harpur (92 games)
Christian Jaros (76 games)
Erik Karlsson (71 games, and coming back from his 2nd major injury)
Artem Zub (47 games, didn't play with Chabot as he had to babysit Mike Reilly and Erik Brannstrom)
Mike Reilly, Ron Hainsey, Fredrik Claesson, etc

The D-core was still awful most of the season and started with ONLY him as a top-4 D-man. Zub was a revalation but didn't even play before game #10

When the team around him gets better (particularly on defense), Chabot is going to reach another level.

During the last month (April 12th - May 12th) when the Sens played their best hockey, he had 2 goals, 5 assists, 7 points and + 6 in his last 10 games (missed the last 4 games due to injury)

Not that his scoring was spectacular but he was damn solid all over the ice, controlling the game as the smooth operator, facing top competition 25 mins a night

The Sens were still figuring things out (roster, structure, etc) most of the season too. The next decade could be long and painful for the habs, at least when they face Ottawa.

What in the hell? I live near Montreal and I have never heard anybody say anything close to that. Not even the biggest homers...

Sabres. Even if we lose Eichel/Reinhart we would still get more good pieces for them. Would also probably pick high once or twice more if that happened too and in good drafts.

Yeah their fans deserve something good to happen, it has been painful for too long. How would you rank the top-15 U-25 pieces?

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thomas Chabot first season was 2017-18, which was also the season the team completely fell apart all of sudden. Chabot never played on a good team... But he has shown what he can do, particularly in his second season in 2018-19 when he still had a bit of talent to play with (Stone, Duchene, Bobby, Dzingel). The team has been in COMPLETE rebuild since. It obviously wasn't going to be easy.

This is the other D-men he "had the chance" to play with in his 4 years in Ottawa :

Mark Borowiecki (158 games, honest bottom-pair D-man, has been played too high/much at times too)
Cody Ceci (156 games, not the Pittsburgh version, but the way overplayed Ottawa version)
Dylan DeMelo (126 games, the best guy he was paired with)
Nikita Zaitsev (113 games, the second best guy he was paired with)
Ben Harpur (92 games)
Christian Jaros (76 games)
Erik Karlsson (71 games, and coming back from his 2nd major injury)
Artem Zub (47 games, didn't play with Chabot as he had to babysit Mike Reilly and Erik Brannstrom)
Mike Reilly, Ron Hainsey, Fredrik Claesson, etc

The D-core was still awful most of the season and started with ONLY him as a top-4 D-man. Zub was a revalation but didn't even play before game #10

When the team around him gets better (particularly on defense), Chabot is going to reach another level.

During the last month (April 12th - May 12th) when the Sens played their best hockey, he had 2 goals, 5 assists, 7 points and + 6 in his last 10 games (missed the last 4 games due to injury)

Not that his scoring was spectacular but he was damn solid all over the ice, controlling the game as the smooth operator, facing top competition 25 mins a night

The Sens were still figuring things out (roster, structure, etc) most of the season too. The next decade could be long and painful for the habs, at least when they face Ottawa.

What in the hell? I live near Montreal and I have never heard anybody say anything close to that. Not even the biggest homers...

Yeah their fans deserve something good to happen, it has been painful for too long. How would you rank the top-15 U-25 pieces?
I guess 2013-2018 didn't exist ? Subban racked up a norris, finished 2nd in Conn Smythe voting, two AS-1 and one AS-2. Karlsson

Same time frame Karlsson has two Norris, three as 1 and two nominations.

Its not some kind of ridiculous thing. Subban was 100% better in 2014 than Karlsson. Comletely robbed of the Norris.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Jesus Christ he equated Zacha and Tkachuk. Stop feeding the troll.

And Petry to Chabot :biglaugh:

It can't be easy being that out of touch.

I kind of love how insecure Habs fans are when it comes to us. "Greatest franchise ever" terrified of little old Ottawa :laugh:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
And Petry to Chabot :biglaugh:

It can't be easy being that out of touch.

I kind of love how insecure Habs fans are when it comes to us. "Greatest franchise ever" terrified of little old Ottawa :laugh:

To be fair, not all Montreal fans are like that. I think we can all appreciate the passion they bring to the game and a quick glance at their boards shows how emotional fans can get about their team. I love that part of pro sports.

Unfortunately, there are always a few that channel that passion into completely ridiculous takes they spew over these boards. That poster has a reputation around here.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad