Post-Game Talk: Politically Incorrect Mascot

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Didn’t see any of the game as we were driving between Kamloops and Banff. Just watched highlights and seeing Trochek bully Bedard off the puck for the Panarin goal made me smile. As good as the kid is it’s getting tedious watching the endless McD/Bedard/Hughes wankathon in every fugging NHL ad of late.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Like a damn boss - well done kid. One of the more impressive rookie first time outings I seen in a Ranger sweater in a while.

He played a very mature game. I was there and he was finding open space with ease. The blackhawks stink but it was also his first NHL game. I was impressed. Hope he gets his hitting game going once he gets his sea legs

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Didn’t see any of the game as we were driving between Kamloops and Banff. Just watched highlights and seeing Trochek bully Bedard off the puck for the Panarin goal made me smile. As good as the kid is it’s getting tedious watching the endless McD/Bedard/Hughes wankathon in every fugging NHL ad of late.

Man, your trip through North America has actually been really awesome to follow. It's reminding me of a lot of what I experienced when I moved to Alberta about a decade ago.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

just in time for the freeze your nose off weather.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Regarding Kreider’s goal, I know we have been f***ed before on the exact same scenario where the puck goes in as the player turns his skates to stop (I want to say in the playoffs against Buffalo). I have given up on trying to ascribe rationality to the madness that is an official NHL review of a goal that may have been kicked. I might as well be trying to read tea leaves or chicken bones.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Panarin has been amazing this season. I think Sam said that in the 10 games after a loss he has 15 points. He's been clutch all season long. When we need a goal, he makes a big play. At this point I'm mumbling to myself, save some for the playoffs every time he puts up points.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
just in time for the freeze your nose off weather.

It's been warmer than normal I think in Calgary so far this winter, probably means absolute arctic this Feb coming. We need snow very badly.

It was 5 C/41F degrees around my area today, great for pickin at a truck in the driveway just needin a sweatshirt!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Regarding Kreider’s goal, I know we have been f***ed before on the exact same scenario where the puck goes in as the player turns his skates to stop (I want to say in the playoffs against Buffalo). I have given up on trying to ascribe rationality to the madness that is an official NHL review of a goal that may have been kicked. I might as well be trying to read tea leaves or chicken bones.
They need to just stop counting all goals that aren't propelled into the net with a hockey stick. Anything off a leg/skate should not count. Obviously some exemptions if the puck goes in off a player who aren't even trying to play the puck and it's just such a quick play while they are standing in front (like it going in off your ass or face).

Last edited:
Reactions: gabevh3

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
@Harbour Dog and @Tob off to Red Deer tomorrow to see the Rebels vs Tigers. Should be a blast!

The Grizzly Paw Brewery is in Canmore when you start headin towards Red Deer.

Once you hit Red Deer Country there's a mom n pop style sandwich shop in Gasoline Alley, The Donut Mill. Good homemade donuts too. There's a Peter's Drive In (burger joint) in the same area as well.

Reactions: Row I Goon

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
They need to just stop counting all goals that aren't propelled into the net with a hockey stick. Anything off a leg/skate should not count. Obviously some exemptions if the puck goes in off a player who aren't even trying to play the puck and it just such a quick play while they are standing in front (like it going in off your ass or face).
Lol. That ain’t it.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA

I thought for sure that one was coming back.

Yet somehow neither of Will Cuylle's reviewed goals counted.

Reactions: gabevh3

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Like a year ago, bunch of us, notably @Machinehead and @Leonardo87 went out for brew to check out game I think also vs CBH. If I remember, was the one where Trouba was so pissed he took off his helmet and chucked it in disgust.

Nice to see after sucking ass then we are noticeably improved now.

I was so buzzed that night I remember, we looked up at the score , was like “oh they are losing again”, and then just took another sip of beer .

Music was so loud could barely have a convo. This is why I prefer Haymaker. Better food, better craft beer choices, and it’s more warm feeling in there and can actually have a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad