Pokemon go thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Also, is there a strategy to being able to defeat a high level Blissey?

their HP is so high it is ridiculous.

Unless you have either a god like Rhydon or Vaporeon, I swear you can't defeat them within the time limit :laugh:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Try Solar Beam Exeggutor. I've also had fairly decent success taking down Snorlax with Fire Blast Arcanine, and my Arcanine has taken down a few moderate Blisseys that were weakened by something else.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I should probably start spending some Stardust...

as3HUvel.png

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I found a wild Dragonite, and hatched two Dratini's. Haven't seen another dragon since.

There's a guy I play Magic with twice a week who has literally like a dozen Dragonites and they're all huge. It's insane.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Hatched a 100% IV Rhyhorn. Evolved him and got the ideal Mud Slap / Stone Edge moveset. That's one place for some dust to go.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I still have no idea how it is possible to just have 300 Dratini candy just sitting around idly :laugh:

Do you live on a nest or something?

I got all that candy long ago when Dratini nests existed, then never caught a single one since. Every Dratini I had caught was junk, so been waiting 6+ months to hatch a good enough Dratini to evolve. Didn't want to just evolve a junk one knowing theres no sign of more candy upcoming in the future.

Of course after evolving my Dragonite got a crappy moveset, grrr. Waiting for another good Dratini now to evolve a second one.

On a related note, egg odds have changed. Dratini will now hatch from 10k eggs at a significantly higher rate then they did pre gen 2--they appear to be in the most common rarity tier now, where before they were in the rarest tier. Lots of Pokémon switched egg rarity tiers when gen 2 came out.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I took down a Level 10 gym by myself this weekend. All Pokemon in there were 3000+, including 2 Blissey (DAMN they take a while). Also have had 2 Pokemon in Level 10 Gyms for 3 weeks now.

Here I am with my highest CP Pokemon at around 2600. Thankfully, Solar Beam Exeggutor works pretty well...and a 1400 CP Cloyster destroys Dragonite as long as you can dodge the powered up move.

Finally hit Level 29.

Also saving all my 10km eggs until I get 9 of them, then I'll walk 'em all off at once. I have 7 currently.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I got knocked out of 5/12 gyms Sunday into Monday. I think 4 were level 10 and one level 9.

One got trained up by instinct to level 10 pretty quick. The ones that frequent this particular area (a park) are quick to train a gym once its taken down but generally only one or two players from the team will actually take the gym down unless its low level. I'm pretty sure one group is a family and the parents play all their kids accounts. You see two people and the gym all of a sudden has 5 or 6 pokemon in it.

Luckily, another mystic player showed up while I was there on lunch and we took it down pretty quick.

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I took down a Level 10 gym by myself this weekend.

Also saving all my 10km eggs until I get 9 of them, then I'll walk 'em all off at once. I have 7 currently.

Saaaaaaame. Hoping to get the 9 by Easter....

The 10 was kinda weak. Still took me 35-40 minutes.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Rumors running around an Easter event should be announced at any time with double XP and more rare pokemon showing up in eggs.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Easter event info is up, starts at 1PM PDT for exactly one week.

- Double XP
- Lucky Eggs at 50% discount in shop
- Greater variety of pokemon found in 2km eggs.
- More candy from hatched eggs.

So looks like no special rarity bonuses for 5km or 10km eggs.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm curious to see what they're going to add to the 2k eggs and also if it means 2k eggs will be more common than 5k during the event.
Been saving coins so I have a ton for incubators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad