Injury Report: Points % Should determine playoffs Teams.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Who gets left out? :huh:

Detroit is the only team that's eliminated right now, though I don't think Ottawa can make it either, since it's not possible for every team in front of them to lose every one of their games, because some are against each other.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
There was inside info somewhere that league might consider 24 teams in playoffs and / or that playoffs games will happen every day with only day off for city change in scheme 2-3-2. So each round could be done on average in a week, 9 days max.

mid they are going to allow 24. Why not just do 31.

24 would require Lots of byes. And 5 rounds. How does the NHL decide to just allow most bad teams but not all.

1-16 east
2-15 west with stL getting the bye as the reigning champs.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If we lose a couple of months, just do playoffs. Have 24 teams so no team can complain about not getting in, top 4 teams in each conference get a bye and the other 8 play a best of 5. Then go from there, do 1 vs 8 and reseed after each round.
Well they should have played better.Average Points percentage per game added to games remaining is simple

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
But if you do percentage points, the Islanders make it. If you go by actual points, Columbus is in.
Yeah because they played more games than the Islanders. Just do point percentage out to 82 games for everyone. How can they argue then. Should have been better i guess if you get knocked out by the average amount you got from the majority of the games you played. We still hold a seed on points or points percentage :)

So Florida should have been better. That’s essentially the reason teams always miss the playoffs. No differentiation

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah because they played more games than the Islanders. Just do point percentage out to 82 games for everyone. How can they argue then. Should have been better i guess if you get knocked out by the average amount you got from the majority of the games you played. We still hold a seed on points or points percentage :)

So Florida should have been better. That’s essentially the reason teams always miss the playoffs. No differentiation
I know, and it should be percentage points. Just having a little fun with all the Isles bashers around here.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I think the best scenario is just cancel the remainder of the season (including playoffs).

That way, we've witnessed the last time Tyson Barrie suits up in a Leafs jersey

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well they should have played better.Average Points percentage per game added to games remaining is simple

Easy to say for Leaf fans today, but had we lost to TB it would be FLA in instead of us so telling FLA they should have played better seems unnecessarily arrogant.

Had all 82 games been played the lead could easily have changed several times going down the stretch so if the season is abruptly halted, who gets in is pretty much luck. Not sure how good a look it is to have the NHL season end in a game of musical chairs.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Easy to say for Leaf fans today, but had we lost to TB it would be FLA in instead of us so telling FLA they should have played better seems unnecessarily arrogant.

Had all 82 games been played the lead could easily have changed several times going down the stretch so if the season is abruptly halted, who gets in is pretty much luck. Not sure how good a look it is to have the NHL season end in a game of musical chairs.
They still don’t concern me. We are in by points or points %. The universe worked in our favour. Awesome, I don’t make the chips fall. So sad for them

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

If you use points percentage, it isn't musical chairs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad