Jarry

Scratches
Archibald, Gaunce, Sestito, Streit

Injured
Hagelin, Kunitz, Letang, Murray, Ruhwedel

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
So now that Werenski is on the shelf, it should require a re-think of the defensive pairings and scratches. If Kyle Quincy doesn't draw in, I would question why we made the Prout trade.

Don't misunderstand, I'm thankful that the Devils took the remaining year of Dalton Prout's contract off our hands. If speed is truly the issue , then I'm just wondering how a pro athlete can become so slow-footed between March 1st and April 12th.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
The fat lady is humming and I'm starting to hear Taps in the distance. Without Zach, it will be a tough task to extend the series. I hope they do, but the champs are flexing their muscle. I have an eerie feeling that tonight could be a giant thud.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
So now that Werenski is on the shelf, it should require a re-think of the defensive pairings and scratches. If Kyle Quincy doesn't draw in, I would question why we made the Prout trade.

Don't misunderstand, I'm thankful that the Devils took the remaining year of Dalton Prout's contract off our hands. If speed is truly the issue , then I'm just wondering how a pro athlete can become so slow-footed between March 1st and April 12th.

That is the exact reason for the trade, getting rid of Prout's contract. I have a hard time believing that Harrington would be in the lineup tonight. I would move Johnson and Savard to the top pairing and move Carlsson up to play with Jones. The third pair I would go with Nutivaara and Quincey.

SeanHarsh

Apr 17, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Not over yet

Don't count on the Pens coming out hard, or the Jackets coming out soft. Getting that 4th win is always difficult. MAF has left too many juicy rebounds, and the law of averages dictates that the Jackets have to get something.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
It would be nice if Bob played well.....he's due for a good game. Power play should be a disaster without Werenski.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I'm in "Old Yeller" mode; let's just get this over with.
Lol, I was gonna post this.
open-uri20150422-12561-1plzyv7_a194ba80.jpeg

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Lots to be proud of this season. They should play with their heads high tonight.

...and beat dat ass.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
You just have to shake your head and laugh. Classic overthinking with the lineup this series. Torts must have attended the Doug MacLean school of roster management.

Yeah sure bud, the 3rd def pairing and a couple bottom 6 skaters, THAT'S been the problem.

I'm shaking my head now.

:shakehead

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I don't understand the Hartnell scratch. Show the vet some respect. Not even mentioning how he's the only player in the room to come back in a series being down 3-0. I don't like it at all. :shakehead

He's getting the Umberger treatment. Maybe its a move to convince him to waive the NTC again this summer to use a protection spot for Anderson. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I don't understand the Hartnell scratch. Show the vet some respect. Not even mentioning how he's the only player in the room to come back in a series being down 3-0. I don't like it at all. :shakehead

He's getting the Umberger treatment. Maybe its a move to convince him to waive the NTC again this summer to use a protection spot for Anderson. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Did he even play in the first 3 games?

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Did he even play in the first 3 games?

call me sentimental I guess. But I can't argue with the logic. He's also not the reason we are losing. Hopefully Sedlak will be a reason we win a game, but I'm not too sure.

EDIT: From NBCSports:

The Blue Jackets, down 3-0 in their first round series to Pittsburgh, are making a series of lineup changes for tonight’s Game 4 at Nationwide — which includes veteran forward Scott Hartnell, who’s out with an upper-body injury.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
I wonder which Columbus team will show up today? Will they continue to battle and try to make a series of it? Or will they hang their hats up today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad