GDT: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He's done it before, so yes. If he were playing on a team that isn't being handled by an immolated tire.

that year plus this year of his 4 linemates coots has been his best. How have those two done against crosby this go around? I know you are not one to criticize giroux , so let me ask you this. What would the circumstances have to be before you called him out for having a bad game or series?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
that year plus this year of his 4 linemates coots has been his best. How have those two done against crosby this go around? I know you are not one to criticize giroux , so let me ask you this. What would the circumstances have to be before you called him out for having a bad game or series?

He has had a bad series. I never stated otherwise.

I'm arguing against giving up on him, because we have more than a few examples of "rotten" cores and players suddenly being good with a coach who knows how to use them.

I mean hell, it's not like he was helped at all in the first 3 games playing with Raffl, who killed all offensive pressure every time he got the puck.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We are outmatched in every way against Pitt. There is not one area where we gave an edge.

Goalie? Nope.
Defense? Nope.
Forward elite? Nope
Forward depth? Nope
Coaching? Hahahaha
PK? Nope
PP? Nope

I voted for a 5 series win for Pitt. in the poll. This was expected by me unless Neuvirth was our starter in Game 1. I felt he had the ability to steal some games. But with Elliott and Neuvirth? Nope.

And tonight without Couts? Come on.

Im watching an outgunned at every position Avalanche team give Nashville a fight in every game.

Its not about losing. Its about HOW they are losing.

There is simply no fight in this team.

Ive said it many times before, but if Hexy wont fire Haklol, then I hope Dave Scott fires both. Hell throw Holmgren in there too. All 3 can go if they prefer to be loyal to each other instead of the team.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I voted Pens in 6, not sure many would of expected thisnlevel,of compete tho, this is embarassing
It is. But that is the type of thing we need to show how far away we really are. And how bad Hak is. And the goaltending. And the depth.

But as I said before, Hextall is building us to win on the backs of the new core. Trading Schenn was a huge sign of this. I just wish we had a coach to played the hell out of kids this year, so next year would be better.

And remember, LA had a 101 season, then a 96 point season before adding Richards and Carter. We are not ready to add those last pieces yet because all the kids are not even here yet.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
HJfk58T.gif

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
But we aren't actually any closer. We are still getting blown out in the first round. We have young talent, but we still have the utterly garbage veterans holding the team back, and new ones have been getting added annually. We still have a complete loser as a coach. Goaltending has regressed and there isn't any solution on the horizon.

In theory we should be closer. Yet we aren't. And much of that lays on the GM's decisions. As I've said, we are at a tipping point for Hextall where we find out if he's going to take us any further.

Edit: How are they horrible examples? Did it or did it not take them over 6 years to build Cup winners?

To go off this point, I am not sure anyone in this board faults Hextall for his restocking off the cupboard and overseeing a few potential successful drafts.

With that being said, it is completely naive to believe Hextall has the ability to evaluate prospect readiness, NHL talent, and coaching staffs. In other words, phase 2 of the rebuild that we are perpetually waiting for.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Im watching an outgunned at every position Avalanche team give Nashville a fight in every game.

Its not about losing. Its about HOW they are losing.

There is simply no fight in this team.

Ive said it many times before, but if Hexy wont fire Haklol, then I hope Dave Scott fires both. Hell throw Holmgren in there too. All 3 can go if they prefer to be loyal to each other instead of the team.

With a goalie that Hexy chose Elliot and Neuvy over as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad