GDT: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah, I've barely watched this period.

Nothing has happened. The Pens are happy to coast to the finish without taking injury risks, and Hakstol's Flyers are just utterly complacent.

I vaguely hear talk of Patrick being their best player. Wouldn't know. Believe it though. It's encouraging to know the only competent player in this game is the player you were magically gifted with a 2% chance in the draft. I wonder what the other 98% alternate universes look like. Trust the process.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah and then I expected him to show up and the team to not be embarassed in historic fashion, even though I didnt expect to win the series.

Thats a pretty reasonable expectation for any hockey fan going into any playoff series.
We are outmatched in every way against Pitt. There is not one area where we gave an edge.

Goalie? Nope.
Defense? Nope.
Forward elite? Nope
Forward depth? Nope
Coaching? Hahahaha
PK? Nope
PP? Nope

I voted for a 5 series win for Pitt. in the poll. This was expected by me unless Neuvirth was our starter in Game 1. I felt he had the ability to steal some games. But with Elliott and Neuvirth? Nope.

And tonight without Couts? Come on.

SHANE523

Oct 18, 2016
The ONLY skating I have seen that was worse than this Flyers team was when Rosival from the Blackhawks literally broke his own ankle tripping over the blue line! I am not kidding!

I have always said Simmonds cannot skate and this series has shown he has no business being in the NHL anymore.

1000% disappointed in Giroux. No leadership at all, no lead by example at all and IF the team has lost confidence in their coach, G should be the first one on the ice leading by example! I would have no issues with him losing that C now. Honestly, there is no one on this team, that I see, that deserves to wear an A, let alone a C.

Reactions: tucson83

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We had massive pieces on the roster last year, too. We've always had massive pieces. We still need many more, and with the pieces Hextall prefers to add, there's no reason to believe he will add guys who will make an impact.

This is a make or break offseason for Hextall. The team is already behind schedule. Pittsburgh, Chicago and LA sure as **** didn't need to rebuild for 6 years, which is currently where our rebuild is.
At the start of this rebuild we didn’t have anything like the pieces we have now...

No Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim, Frost, Lindblom, Myers, Hart, Konecny, or any of these other great prospects who are the core of this teams near future.

Thats a ton of progress that puts us way closer than when we started. Arguing about whether or not you have faith in Hextall filling in the gaps around them is a different argument.

Also, those teams you listed are horrible examples for the argument you’re trying to make.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah, I've barely watched this period.

Nothing has happened. The Pens are happy to coast to the finish without taking injury risks, and Hakstol's Flyers are just utterly complacent.

Do you mean Dave Hakstok's hot Flyers? The team of destiny and the coach of destiny? Those Flyers?

I'd like to see us rechristened "the Philadelphia Firers" and live up to our new name.

"Fire me tonight, and you will win together forever."

- Fred Shero (paraphrased)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Flyers are just as much beating themselves right now with a totally demoralized effort. But the Penguins are in cruise control. Flyers with a lead -- a hypothetical of course -- don't know what cruise control is.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
We are outmatched in every way against Pitt. There is not one area where we gave an edge.

Goalie? Nope.
Defense? Nope.
Forward elite? Nope
Forward depth? Nope
Coaching? Hahahaha
PK? Nope
PP? Nope

I voted for a 5 series win for Pitt. in the poll. This was expected by me unless Neuvirth was our starter in Game 1. I felt he had the ability to steal some games. But with Elliott and Neuvirth? Nope.

And tonight without Couts? Come on.

I voted Pens in 6, not sure many would of expected thisnlevel,of compete tho, this is embarassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad