Speculation: PLD Mega Thread (mod warning op)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You could move him then if you are intent on a rebuild, there will be futures packages available.

But the Jackets don't want to do that. They're going to try to win this year and if it goes well they'll wait until they get a good player for player deal. If it goes poorly they'll be willing to take futures but even then you're probably talking about after the season when things are clearer.

I think you gotta ask yourself whether or not you think you will contend in the playoffs or not. You never want to admit you wouldn't be so if they are in the playoffs and playing well then they will look to add to their team rather than lose players but if they are in a good place then I wouldn't see him wanting to leave at that point. In that case its probably better to trade him later than then because you want him for a playoff run. However at the same time if he wants out and you guys are still close to contending or believe you are, I think you can still get a better deal then than you would during the offseason because teams want to add big pieces for playoff pushes and he would have an extra year which would be intriguing to teams. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
WE DONT WANT TO TRADE HIM AT ALL. SO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

traded in off season
:dunno: It was true. We didn't want to. The only way we'd tolerate it is if we got a #2C back, which was considered a severe overpay. Lo and behold, we got a #2C back. Would we still like to have him on the team? Heck yeah; power forwards are unicorns. Are we happy we got a #2C, though? Definitely.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
However at the same time if he wants out and you guys are still close to contending or believe you are, I think you can still get a better deal then than you would during the offseason because teams want to add big pieces for playoff pushes and he would have an extra year which would be intriguing to teams. Will be interesting to see what they do.

I don't think Columbus would move him then if they are going for it. Deadline packages are almost always just futures stuff. Per Jarmo the Jackets never even got anything proposed for Panarin at the deadline except for draft picks. It really is a situation where if you want to compete now you have to wait until the summer (or later) to move the player.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
:dunno: It was true. We didn't want to. The only way we'd tolerate it is if we got a #2C back, which was considered a severe overpay. Lo and behold, we got a #2C back. Would we still like to have him on the team? Heck yeah; power forwards are unicorns. Are we happy we got a #2C, though? Definitely.
That 2C might no agree with Tort.. When he's unhappy, he's bad..

Reactions: HabsAddict

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't think Columbus would move him then if they are going for it. Deadline packages are almost always just futures stuff. Per Jarmo the Jackets never even got anything proposed for Panarin at the deadline except for draft picks. It really is a situation where if you want to compete now you have to wait until the summer (or later) to move the player.

Wish you guys had, he was big in that sweep against Tampa lol.

Reactions: majormajor

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
PLD to Ottawa for Brannstom, Ridly Greig and Ottawa’s 2021 unprotected 1st round pick

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
PLD to Ottawa for Brannstom, Ridly Greig and Ottawa’s 2021 unprotected 1st round pick

CBJ fans have absolutely no interest in Brann. Seems like they would want Sanderson, 1st, +.

Edit: Sorry they want a 1/2 C who is an impact player now. But if we are talking prospects it would be Sanderson, 1st, +

Reactions: lilfedor

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
That 2C might no agree with Tort.. When he's unhappy, he's bad..
Funny part is, It sounds more Torts is a players coach than a certain coach in Montreal. Stop think Torts never developed is coachingstyle. The results speaks for themself. I rather have Torts 10/10 times över Maurice.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
CBJ fans have absolutely no interest in Brann. Seems like they would want Sanderson, 1st, +.

Edit: Sorry they want a 1/2 C who is an impact player now. But if we are talking prospects it would be Sanderson, 1st, +
Ottawa could replace Brann with Norris who has a decent chance at becoming a 2c

Last edited:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
So many pages to read through and so little time so I'm just going to ask CBJ fans if LA has anything to offer that is reasonable. Don't have an impact, established 2C to offer but have a plethora of youth.

I'm assuming Vilardi would be a given and then you'd try to pry a 1st. A guy like Iafallo would fit in well with Torts and the CBJ identity. Just spit balling.

Vilardi could wind up better than PLD so it is tough but Blake is going to have to move potential for a proven commodity at some point and I love PLD's game and his age fits in with the rebuild.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The reports we're getting out of training camp suggest that they're getting along famously; we're hoping that continues. (And here's hoping Andy bounces back well for y'all as well.) But we're kind of veering off into a tangent. :)

PLD don't seem like the type to be a team distraction. He's going to remain professional about it. I heard from Friedman tweet that he heard it from a player and it was from before (not just something that came out of nowhere). So what's up with the 2 year deal? My hunch tells me this is each side respecting each other and this buys them time. There is no rush to trade him from what I can see (outside looking in)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So many pages to read through and so little time so I'm just going to ask CBJ fans if LA has anything to offer that is reasonable. Don't have an impact, established 2C to offer but have a plethora of youth.

I'm assuming Vilardi would be a given and then you'd try to pry a 1st. A guy like Iafallo would fit in well with Torts and the CBJ identity. Just spit balling.

Vilardi could wind up better than PLD so it is tough but Blake is going to have to move potential for a proven commodity at some point and I love PLD's game and his age fits in with the rebuild.

Habs would easily offer Kotkaniemi and a 2021 1st (and another prospect). I bet you try to say that Vilardi's 7 pts in 10 games trumps what KK has done so far :sarcasm:. I don't think the Blue Jackets are in a rush to move him so lets see where both KK and Vilardi stand after this next season. I'm sure other teams have pieces like that they would offer but more sample size would be nice

The only advantage the Kings would have is they don't have to send salary back for cap reasons.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Habs would easily offer Kotkaniemi and a 2021 1st (and another prospect). I bet you try to say that Vilardi's 7 pts in 10 games trumps what KK has done so far :sarcasm:. I don't think the Blue Jackets are in a rush to move him so lets see where both KK and Vilardi stand after this next season. I'm sure other teams have pieces like that they would offer but more sample size would be nice

The only advantage the Kings would have is they don't have to send salary back for cap reasons.

I'm not going to say anything except that the Kings back half of the deal can trump Montreal's so it all depends on how much one values Kotkaniemi v. Vilardi.

I don't want to lose Vilardi. I think he is a true stud and it will be proven if he can remain healthy. That's the rub though.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To summarize, the deaIs I would do as a Jackets fan.

PLD+ for Barkov

PLD+ for Barzal

PLD for Larkin straight up

PLD for Danault(re-signed), Romanov, 1st(unprotected)

PLEASE CALL THE DING DONG CENTER, ASK FOR BBINZ AND MAKE THAT OFFER.

I'll drive them to the airport.

(It hurts, but likely, we will have the best center strength in the league. Potentially 3 1C's)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Ottawa could replace Brann with Norris who has a decent chance at becoming a 2c

I don't think either one suffices, regardless if Norris or Sanderson is included. If you're trading a 22 year old 1C for a future piece, it would seem to make sense that the piece is a potential 1C/1D + a little more. Or a player that has better upside than that even, without a plus, so Columbus would get the higher upside piece but also take on the risk that the player won't be a 1C at all. So basically Stutzle.

And of course Ottawa does not want to do that. It's a young team, you can wait on Stutzle. That's why you are almost certainly going to get outbid. Dubois can lead a team to the Stanley Cup, teams that are in their cup window will pay accordingly. It is unlikely that a team like Ottawa coming out of a rebuild will be the one to acquire Dubois, not because you don't have assets, but because you are willing to wait for your assets to mature.

To summarize, the deaIs I would do as a Jackets fan.

PLD+ for Barkov

PLD+ for Barzal

PLD for Larkin straight up

PLD for Danault(re-signed), Romanov, 1st(unprotected)

I agree except I must clarify my stance on that last deal from Montreal. That is a suitable package in many ways, I might prefer it to just keeping Dubois and the headache indefinitely. But I probably still turn that trade down, I expect we can get a better deal than that. There is also the issue that the trade splits the difference between win-now and retool, and we might be better off with just one or the other, depending on which way the season goes.

Reactions: Viqsi

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I agree except I must clarify my stance on that last deal from Montreal. That is a suitable package in many ways, I might prefer it to just keeping Dubois and the headache indefinitely. But I probably still turn that trade down, I expect we can get a better deal than that. There is also the issue that the trade splits the difference between win-now and retool, and we might be better off with just one or the other, depending on which way the season goes.
Trade value wise it’s definitely not the best possible offer, but it just fits our needs well

Reactions: majormajor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad