B-Sens Playoffs Round 1 - Belleville Senators vs Rochester Americans

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Rochester dominating OT. Ruotsalainen just missed on a clear breakaway.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Would love to get some insight from those who watched the whole game.

Is a bit concerning considering the talent we had or didn't have on this team.

Where would you point the fingers in this case.

bsens35

Nov 29, 2015
such a big let down. when we were buzzing in both overtimes we never got a bounce or could capitalize . we needed a big time save and gus just couldnt do it . frustrating. Big changes on the bsens need to take place

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Unfortunate for sure.

Let’s hope Jarventi can have a big 20 year old season down there, Thomson and JBD likely back for their 22 year old seasons.

Didn’t see much in terms of help for Ottawa in the near future down there, Grieg and that’s about it, Kastelic and Reinhardt for 4th line and spot 4th line duty.

Reactions: Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Too bad for the boys but the most bitter pill is it was Aaron cheap shot Dell that beat us.

What use is having Sabourin if he won't run a goalie that took out one of our top players?

Didn't see 1 second of the games but Gus was perfect until he was shaken up in game 1 then he gave up a bunch. Played game 2 so I guess he was fine but anyone think he was injured?

Giving away game 1 is really the story here.

Reactions: Deku and DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Would love to get some insight from those who watched the whole game.

Is a bit concerning considering the talent we had or didn't have on this team.

Where would you point the fingers in this case.
I mean. They played fine. But Dell was in nets we were never beating him.

Kastelic and Kelly were straight up invisible. And they were supposed to be massive pieces

It’s easy to be simply crash and bang on a fourth line and become fan favorites doing it. It’s so much harder to play in any pro league with any legitimate expectations.

Jbd and thomson were both good.

such a big let down. when we were buzzing in both overtimes we never got a bounce or could capitalize . we needed a big time save and gus just couldnt do it . frustrating. Big changes on the bsens need to take place
Did you watch periods 1 and 2 of game 1. Gus was unbelievable. And then the team folded in front of him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Would have preferred the series be a Home-Away-Home. Losing G1 in a 3 game series when the teams are so close is never going to be good.
I don't think Gus was injured. BSens blew game 1 up 3-0 going into the 3rd . Outplayed Rochester in OT and didn't score on some good chances.
In game 2 Belleville outplayed Rochester for most of the game .. Rochester scored on a their chances. MDZ could have been the difference in both games.
That 3rd Rochester goal :skeptic: 2 minutes after we made it 2-1

No one on the BSens is seriously banging the door down ... Kastelic and Kelly can be serviceable 4th liners. I found both seemed to play better in the NHL.
Sokolov I find is too slow . His skating still needs improvement. He will get more looks but not sure if he can displace anyone.
Jarventie had some growth in his game. He became more confident with the puck occasionally beating people one on one .. his overall pace improved and he has a bomb of a shot. He will need to take that to the next level in Belleville ..become more of a consistent force. Consistency needs to improve. He's got something .. just needs to keep improving.
JBD I think showed quite a bit. He and Heatherington were the two go to guys for Mann in the big defensive situations. He doesn't panic. He has a really good mind for the game. He needs to get stronger and improve his speed/quickness. Played well under pressure. Potential is there.
Thomson has the skating and agility and the shot. More of an offensive role in Belleville. Can jump in the offense and produce chances. Plays hard. He needs to get stronger and be more consistent defensively.
Reinhardt is very much an up and down winger with decent size and speed. He works .. A 4th line callup option is where I see him now.

bsens35

Nov 29, 2015
we missed having lodin too he was playing well for us then he got sick. i hate aaron dell . and zach senyshyn was a nobody on this team also very disappointing

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Still don’t get why they didn’t get Del Zotto to play there .

Would have been an opportunity to get out of the contract if he refused to report, or would have really helped the team out for the playoffs

Reactions: DrEasy

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
You just knew the series was basically over after they blew the first game being up 3-zip in the third. You just don’t really recover from such collapses

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The B-Sens took them to overtime twice & lost twice in overtime, they need to find a way to win big games & goaltending has to get better when it counts the most. The B-Sens seem to have as many question marks as the O-Sens.

Reactions: bsens35

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The B-Sens took them to overtime twice & lost twice in overtime, they need to find a way to win big games & goaltending has to get better when it counts the most. The B-Sens seem to have as many question marks as the O-Sens.
They'll get Greig for a while next year and that'll make a major impact IMO. This series sucked, but this is the kind of thing where you hope Sokolov, Thomson etc. took something out of it and can take another step forward next year before hopefully making the NHL.

Game 1 was the killer really. Not coming back from that.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad