Playoffs: "Good seats are no longer available "

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
I'm at the ticket lottery. SRO starts at $385. Upper bowl goes $440-700. Lower bowl goes $700- $2000. No thanks.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Crazy with all the tickets out there.

That's cheaper than it was for games 3&4. I paid 700 for upper level in game 3 and 600 for game 4. Wish I was back in SJ again for this weekend but couldn't make it for both weekends.

I don't know how people are choosing not to go to game 6 if you can afford it. Worst case scenario you get to see the enemy skate around with the Stanley Cup in person which is pretty memorable. Best case our team wins and forces game 7 with out fans going nuts.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
I bit, it's the finals. I was about 30th in line after the kid picked his own mother's wristband number out of the bag. Still seemed like a decent number of seats were left.

I'll be in section 213 tomorrow.

Adam Jones

May 6, 2011
Davis, CA
I bit, it's the finals. I was about 30th in line after the kid picked his own mother's wristband number out of the bag. Still seemed like a decent number of seats were left.

Hope you have a blast! Biggest game in franchise history imho.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011

Nice! I would have been 98th in line because the lottery pick was 2 after my number so I bounced out right when they announced it. Seems like there's only a $100 separation right now between stubhub and sharks ticket office price

Freeze Time

May 15, 2016
Okay so guys, can you point me the best place to buy a ticket? Should I try Craigslist? How can I spot a fake ticket? I just arrived in Oakland. Should I just wing it tomorrow? My friends are trying to leave no later than noon so I'd have to take a bus from Oakland to San Jose and then try to find a ticket.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Okay so guys, can you point me the best place to buy a ticket? Should I try Craigslist? How can I spot a fake ticket? I just arrived in Oakland. Should I just wing it tomorrow? My friends are trying to leave no later than noon so I'd have to take a bus from Oakland to San Jose and then try to find a ticket.

Lot's of people with tickets didn't get in to the game I went to. You can print or email the tickets over and over again. First one in wins if they're good at all.

Personally, I would only trust ticketsnow (Ticketmaster STH's selling site) or stubhub or another legit site that you can pay with a credit card.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Lot's of people with tickets didn't get in to the game I went to. You can print or email the tickets over and over again. First one in wins if they're good at all.

Personally, I would only trust ticketsnow (Ticketmaster STH's selling site) or stubhub or another legit site that you can pay with a credit card.

+1

Craigslist is a cess pool of scammers right now. I responded to 10 ads, 9 of them insisted cash only or some non trackable form of payment. Frankly, the deals are actually better on the reseller sites anyways

Freeze Time

May 15, 2016
Okay guys so I can you link me to one of them because StubHub is not showing any $450. I then am going to need to figure out how to get from San Jose to either Anaheim or Irvine

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
Okay guys so I can you link me to one of them because StubHub is not showing any $450. I then am going to need to figure out how to get from San Jose to either Anaheim or Irvine

I see stubhub at $414 right now($418 for the cheapest single ticket) for goal side uppers. Of course, this also has the stubhub fee.

If you don't mind taking the bus or train, there is a station across the street from the tank, though the train doesn't take off until tomorrow and the bus doesn't have any night departures except midnight. That would probably be the cheapest option though.

Edit: Now $416($421 for upper goal).

Freeze Time

May 15, 2016
Yeah, when I checked train tickets to get back home, I had to take a bus at 11:59pm for like 6 hours and then I connect to the train for 3 and a half hours. My friend is giving me some options too telling me about the trains. Are there any posters here with extra tickets? Seems like the last train leaves at 9pm.

Last edited:

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Yeah, when I checked train tickets to get back home, I had to take a bus at 11:59pm for like 6 hours and then I connect to the train for 3 and a half hours. My friend is giving me some options too telling me about the trains. Are there any posters here with extra tickets? Seems like the last train leaves at 9pm.

Couldn't you find a cheap motel and fly home in the morning?

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I see stubhub at $414 right now($418 for the cheapest single ticket) for goal side uppers. Of course, this also has the stubhub fee.

If you don't mind taking the bus or train, there is a station across the street from the tank, though the train doesn't take off until tomorrow and the bus doesn't have any night departures except midnight. That would probably be the cheapest option though.

Edit: Now $416($421 for upper goal).

Down to $400- will people get anxious around 3:00?

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
After obsessively watching ticket prices since we clinched the finals, I finally purchased my tickets.

Paid $470/each (after fees) for center ice, upper deck, row 13. That's about what I would have paid at the Sharks ticket office yesterday if I wanted to wait in that massive line. For those still looking for tickets, just go to Seatgeek. Fees are the lowest there.

Going through so many emotions right now.

- Happiness (What if I see victory at the biggest home game in Sharks history?)
- Nervousness (What if I paid that much to see the Pens hoist up the cup?)
- Anxiety (What if I could have gotten a cheaper ticket if I waited later in the day?)
- Euphoria (I'm going to my first ever finals game!)
- Gratefulness (#blessed that my wife are dual income/no kids, and can afford these tickets)

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
After obsessively watching ticket prices since we clinched the finals, I finally purchased my tickets.

Paid $470/each (after fees) for center ice, upper deck, row 13. That's about what I would have paid at the Sharks ticket office yesterday if I wanted to wait in that massive line. For those still looking for tickets, just go to Seatgeek. Fees are the lowest there.

Going through so many emotions right now.

- Happiness (What if I see victory at the biggest home game in Sharks history?)
- Nervousness (What if I paid that much to see the Pens hoist up the cup?)
- Anxiety (What if I could have gotten a cheaper ticket if I waited later in the day?)
- Euphoria (I'm going to my first ever finals game!)
- Gratefulness (#blessed that my wife are dual income/no kids, and can afford these tickets)

I try not to worry too much about the cheaper ticket thing and just remember that having it in hand is better than the extra time spent worrying about whether or not they will drop. I do still watch the prices though.

Also, I think you saved quite a bit over the line since corners were $500.

Freeze Time

May 15, 2016
I checked out seatgeek and it says no tickets available under $400. Prices on stubhub are as low as $359 and dropping.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
I checked out seatgeek and it says no tickets available under $400. Prices on stubhub are as low as $359 and dropping.

Keep in mind though that Stubhub by default doesn't include the fees in the displayed price where as seatgeek does. Just checked and cheapest on Stubhub with fees is $435.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
Got a parking pass on stub hub for 17 n Almaden Ave. Theven ticket says parking doesn't open till 3:30. Does anyone know how strict they are on time? Any Chace we could park at 2:30 or 3?

Freeze Time

May 15, 2016
Keep in mind though that Stubhub by default doesn't include the fees in the displayed price where as seatgeek does. Just checked and cheapest on Stubhub with fees is $435.

Damn. Prices on stubhub are now $450. Seatgeek is $475. I think I screwed my self waiting.

Edit*** I decided to stop waiting and bought one for $475 total. Section 205 row 12. How are those seats?

Last edited:

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Damn. Prices on stubhub are now $450. Seatgeek is $475. I think I screwed my self waiting.

Edit*** I decided to stop waiting and bought one for $475 total. Section 205 row 12. How are those seats?

You're on the attack side for 1st and 3rd. My season tickets used to be in that section. Fans are good and no obstructions in your viewing. You made a good choice! Enjoy!

Freeze Time

May 15, 2016
You're on the attack side for 1st and 3rd. My season tickets used to be in that section. Fans are good and no obstructions in your viewing. You made a good choice! Enjoy!

Well I'm a Penguins fan but good to know the seats are good. I will enjoy thanks!

Freeze Time

May 15, 2016
Just means you will get to enjoy the majority of the sharks goals.

Since it seems they can no longer score in the 2nd period lol.

I certainly hope not. I'm chilling at the Whole Foods right now. They open the doors at 3:30 right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad