Playoffs: "Good seats are no longer available "

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
This team would be relocating if it went through a long rebuild. The fans jump ship after 1 bad season.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This team would be relocating if it went through a long rebuild. The fans jump ship after 1 bad season.

Well, I was looking at the prices and they're charging over 250 bucks for two upper deck seats. I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous.

By comparison, I bought Tickets in the middle of the lower deck, dead center for the same price to game 1 vs La in '14.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Well, I was looking at the prices and they're charging over 250 bucks for two upper deck seats. I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous.

By comparison, I bought Tickets in the middle of the lower deck, dead center for the same price to game 1 vs La in '14.

This is the problem. I honestly wanted to go, but then looked at the Ticketmaster prices and was like "is this a pre-sale for the WCF?"

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yea, they're really not doing the best job on pricing lately.

Season ticket holders, would you mind putting in a word with your reps for us?

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Yea, they're really not doing the best job on pricing lately.

Season ticket holders, would you mind putting in a word with your reps for us?

Already done. I was invited to a focus group for former STHs. All of us lamented about how pricing isn't justified based on the on-ice product at home.

On a related note, a couple did mention that they could do well if they opened up the tank again for road games. Seems like based on our road record, that might be a win-win.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I think all comes down poor TV contract and have to make up with it on ticket revenue. But now they've priced themselves too high and fans have had enough with high prices and poor team performance.

Ducks still have some playoff tickets left for their Game 1. Not as many as available for Sharks but tickets are half as much in some areas vs what Sharks charge.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
They kept pricing for the first round at regular STH price, which they haven't done in the past, so they are rewarding STH's at least. They didn't raise next seasons ticket price at $86ea and gave our tickets a $10 concession, so they are doing something.

I checked Ticketmaster for the PO's and there aren't that many tickets available. Secondary market for our seats in upper S107 are around $135-$170. Seats via Ticketmaster are $170 each.

I would also expect more sales once our opponent is know even if it's fans of that team :(

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think all comes down poor TV contract and have to make up with it on ticket revenue. But now they've priced themselves too high and fans have had enough with high prices and poor team performance.

Ducks still have some playoff tickets left for their Game 1. Not as many as available for Sharks but tickets are half as much in some areas vs what Sharks charge.

From when I went to UC Irvine, I don't really think the Ducks have a very large fanbase especially compared to the Sharks. Lots of baseball and basketball fans though.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
The pricing for upper deck seats in the playoffs is ridiculous.

It's like this org WANTS the team to have to relocate.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
The pricing for upper deck seats in the playoffs is ridiculous.

It's like this org WANTS the team to have to relocate.

They use dynamic pricing now. That's a sign of the times and not unique to the Sharks. Prices on the secondary market for upper deck on StubHub is $100 to $130 or about the same as the Sharks are charging.

Fresnel

Sep 24, 2015
interestingly tickets for tonight are more then tickets for the first round

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
They use dynamic pricing now. That's a sign of the times and not unique to the Sharks. Prices on the secondary market for upper deck on StubHub is $100 to $130 or about the same as the Sharks are charging.

Yup. Tickets to sporting events are incredibly high.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
interestingly tickets for tonight are more then tickets for the first round

Fan appreciation. This is one of the biggest games of the year for fans to attend. People who I couldn't give a ticket to sometimes called out of nowhere to ask if I was selling my tickets to this game lol.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
It's also Joe Pavelski bobblehead night and it amazes me how many people collect them.

If you're buying tickets for tonight, try to buy from an STH. Higher chance of winning a player jersey since every player is giving the jersey off of their back tonight.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
It's also Joe Pavelski bobblehead night and it amazes me how many people collect them.

If you're buying tickets for tonight, try to buy from an STH. Higher chance of winning a player jersey since every player is giving the jersey off of their back tonight.

Too bad Haley is a scratch. Would have loved to get some of those genuine NHL bloodstains. :sarcasm:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Too bad Haley is a scratch. Would have loved to get some of those genuine NHL bloodstains. :sarcasm:

Unfortunately they are not game worn jerseys. My mom won Burns a few years ago. She has passed on now and I will be wearing it to tonight's game in her honor.

BurnsJersey.png

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

When the team stunk for long stretches in the 90s, the Tank was still rockin. Ridiculous ticket prices in combination with streaming options and HD are the real causes of this problem.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
When the team stunk for long stretches in the 90s, the Tank was still rockin. Ridiculous ticket prices in combination with streaming options and HD are the real causes of this problem.

This and the shine of a hockey team in SJ has worn off. You can hear (or not hear as it were) and feel it in the tank. I'm interested to see how much it cranks up during the PO's.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
This and the shine of a hockey team in SJ has worn off. You can hear (or not hear as it were) and feel it in the tank. I'm interested to see how much it cranks up during the PO's.

Very true, and part of the reason for that are the numerous playoff failures. After a while it gets demoralizing to the average fan.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
E

Yeah, I've felt for at least a few years that the Tank has lost some of its bite in the regular season. It takes something for the crowd to get going now. The place still gets jacked up during the playoffs though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad