Playoff Ticket Thread

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Careful what you wish for... the STH price might go up to "close that gap".

In the end, that may be a better business plan for them anyway. Charge the STH more and the General Public less. More of a captive audience and guaranteed sales increase the price of ~1300 tickets by 100$ and decrease the ~300 general sale tickets by 100$ to "close the gap". As part of an STH group I hope not!

I'm taking my STH discount to the bank, and I don't mean re-selling them for profit.
I think you will see a slight add to the ST price and a drop to the face value price. Due to numbers a $10 add to a ST ticket probably means you can drop a face value by close to $100. You still need to keep a significant gap to reward your bread and butter ticket holders that allow you to ice a team in the first place, and also make sure you don't price them out of filling the building come playoff time.

Reactions: Sabadecade

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I can tell you one thing... Even in light of the team's historical playoff success and excitement surrounding it all, when I went to Game 6 vs. Nashville only to watch them get shutout 4-0, it didn't leave a great taste in my mouth paying $500 for my wife and I to attend. Now, will it stop me from going again in the future, probably not, but it wasn't a good feeling... not... one... bit...

I'm glad I drafted the non-existent fourth home game for the Nashville round. I guess we got lucky with wins in our two games attended. It's bad enough watching a stinker at regular season prices. If they had blown that 3-0 lead on Vegas, I might have severely tested the impact resistance of our loge counter. :laugh:

I probably shouldn't go to playoff games.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
It seems pro sports team are really testing the limits of their fanbases with regards to ticket prices. I have been looking at tickets available for the other hockey teams in rounds two and three and outside of Nashville and maybe Las Vegas, Winnipeg compares quite favorably.

If you look at the blue seats (not resale) here for the game in Washington in a few days I estimate around 500 still available...and that's just counting those seats where two or more people can sit together. No singles!

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/easter...catid=9&tm_link=search_msg-0_1500546DB3BA3FCF

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
There are seats available for game #5 in almost every section and some are selling them close to ST cost. If you want to save a few bucks and attend a game now's the time.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Anybody selling tix in the $150/ea range? I’ve seen some pop up on Seat Exchange in that ballpark, but after fees+taxes it bumps up to $175/ea

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
My guess is they see a huge drop off in STH's for next season.

Why? This year showed the huge savings you get for playoff tickets if you are a STH. More incentive to be a STH. The 10% of the STHs that didn’t take their playoff tickets, even if it’s just to sell, are probably kicking themselves.

And STHs just can’t drop out. You have a contract...and It’s all based on your renewal year.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Why? This year showed the huge savings you get for playoff tickets if you are a STH. More incentive to be a STH. The 10% of the STHs that didn’t take their playoff tickets, even if it’s just to sell, are probably kicking themselves.

And STHs just can’t drop out. You have a contract...and It’s all based on your renewal year.

The fact they've struggled to sellout conference finals games.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The fact they've struggled to sellout conference finals games.

Discussed in another thread... at most there were 100-150 unsold seats.. mostly singles and for sale at the last minute. Insignificant.
And even given the number of seats for sale on the seat exchange for game 5, these are all resale seats. They have already been paid for. It will still be within 100-150seats of a total sellout, because if people can’t resell their seats they will still end up going. A lot of money to spend and not use your ticket. But remember, the NHL counts a sellout as seats sold, not seats used.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Discussed in another thread... at most there were 100-150 unsold seats.. mostly singles and for sale at the last minute. Insignificant. And like I said... everyone signs a multi-season contract you can’t just walk away from. Team is sold out for years.

And even given the number of seats for sale on the seat exchange for game 5, these are all resale seats. They have already been paid for. It will still be within 100-150seats of a total sellout, because if people can’t resell their seats they will still end up going. A lot of money to spend and not use your ticket. But remember, the NHL counts a sellout as seats sold, not seats used.

Which means they didn't sell all their tickets for a conference final game...

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Which means they didn't sell all their tickets for a conference final game...

That doesn't mean they will struggle to sell their season tickets next year. Tickets for the conference finals are 3 to 4 times the price of a season ticket per game. It is simply beyond the budget of most people, even with a reasonable income....while for others the prohibitive cost will only allow them to attend 1 or 2 games.

You are also ignoring the multi-year contracts people signed for season tickets. You can't just drop them and why would you? The team is finally a Stanley Cup contender.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Sooooooo, has anyone received their money from the Jets for tickets sold on the seat exchange? Cuz no one I know has. Why is TN sitting on millions of dollars of their customers money, accruing a bunch of interest on it? Oh wait. Think I just answered my own question ;)

Capitalists. God love em.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Sooooooo, has anyone received their money from the Jets for tickets sold on the seat exchange? Cuz no one I know has. Why is TN sitting on millions of dollars of their customers money, accruing a bunch of interest on it? Oh wait. Think I just answered my own question ;)

Capitalists. God love em.

From the Seat Exchange FAQ:

How does the seller get paid?
Consumers who sell their seats via Jets SeatExchange receive payment directly from the Winnipeg Jets as an Account Credit. Season Seat Holders have two options for Seat Exchange credits: Leave on Account - for use towards a future invoice, have a cheque sent out - paid in the month following re-sale. Since Jets SeatExchange facilitates the transaction, we collect payment from the buyer and remit payment to the seller, ensuring a hassle-free seller experience. It's that easy. Payments will be made quarterly to those with an outstanding re-sale balance.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
From the Seat Exchange FAQ:

How does the seller get paid?
Consumers who sell their seats via Jets SeatExchange receive payment directly from the Winnipeg Jets as an Account Credit. Season Seat Holders have two options for Seat Exchange credits: Leave on Account - for use towards a future invoice, have a cheque sent out - paid in the month following re-sale. Since Jets SeatExchange facilitates the transaction, we collect payment from the buyer and remit payment to the seller, ensuring a hassle-free seller experience. It's that easy. Payments will be made quarterly to those with an outstanding re-sale balance.

That’s fine. Why hold it for two months then?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: