Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Series: WSH Leads Toronto 3gms to 2 #WeGotThis

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Washington didn't play that well though..we seriously looked like **** in that 1st period. Not moving our feet...guys very stationary reacting to everything instead of initiating. Washington has been pretty mediocre so far considering they were the best team in the east. Holtby has been very pedestrian too.

Washington was 10x better than us in that first period a big chunk of that second. I felt they sat on their lead in the 3rd.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Well. Last night was a setback.

Possibly THE WORST play I've ever seen in 50 years of watching hockey. I really don't think we have to worry about seeing that again.

Terrible start. Again. Coaches need to address that.

Got nothing out of the 5-3. But we withstood pretty much the same thing the previous game so that's a wash.

They came out fast and furious, we got down by a million, only lost by 1. We'd gotten the momentum back but needed another 5 minutes to tie it.

Not the result we wanted, but we were never going to sweep the Caps.

I remain cautiously optimistic. That was their best effort and our worst game and it ended up in a 1 goal game. GLG!

Fair assessment.

I keep seeing this brought up, the terrible start. Not starting on time. Etc.

Both times at home, which should be to our advantage really. In both games the team got better as the game went on, so did Andy.

I'm thinking this unfortunately is good old fashioned nerves. It's a big spot light they are under and you simply can't manufacture playoff experience, I don't care how good Marner or Brown or Nikita are.

I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying I think it was a big factor.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
If Andersen doesn't elevate his game, we're done for.

If he does, we win.

It's that simple.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I actually would like to see brown and hyman with matthews from here on. That gives him two grinders to make some space for him. Also kadri and komarov can do the same for nylander.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I guess we will see which loss was "better" in the next two days. Can't imagine either the Leafs or the Oilers want anything other than to start strong the next game despite how they lost.

Well, Oilers answered the bell. 3-2 series lead.

Over to our Buds now.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
WSH knows they can't skate with us. They want to get off to a lead so they can begin flooding the neutral zone and trapping us. That forces us to dump pucks in and play on the boards which is not our strength. That's what happened in game 4. We need to score first and keep the pace high. I'm sure babs is pushing that on the boys...

#hantayo

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
WSH knows they can't skate with us. They want to get off to a lead so they can begin flooding the neutral zone and trapping us. That forces us to dump pucks in and play on the boards which is not our strength. That's what happened in game 4. We need to score first and keep the pace high. I'm sure babs is pushing that on the boys...

#hantayo

Hanta Yo indeed!

Really hoping to see a repeat of Washington's game one start, where they were nervous and turnover-prone. Leafs have to come out aggressive and not let Capitals dictate terms like last 2 starts in Toronto.

And of course Andersen is going to have to bring his A-game.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Washington always comes out hitting hard in the first, tries to rattle the rookies and the last 2 games that's what happened, except in game 3 kadri decided to change the tone. Orpik needs to be hit hard from the start of the game and he'll become a ghost for the rest of the game, ovi the same.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It sounds like it but evidently, they should be there for the morning skate.

I would have thought they would have left in the afternoon. Not good if they got there in the middle of the night.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
Sounds like Sportsnet team missed their flight and on route via bus not the leafs...

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Ok, good. Although why would anyone care about Sportsnets travel woes?

Good question.

Why does anyone think any one of us care what they had for dinner or where they might vacation or any of the other crap they post on social/ narcissistic media?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad