Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Series: WSH Leads Toronto 3gms to 2 #WeGotThis

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
What a joke :laugh: Hope he gets lit up tonight and we see all those bounces were "just getting" come to fruition.

I can't remember ever seeing a team whine as much as the Caps. Every play they're looking at the ref, putting their hands up...it's kinda sad that a Presidents Trophy winning team has to appeal to the refs so much. I'm actually starting to get a hate on for these ******.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Beleaf 001: Toronto Maple Leafs Centennial 2017 Playoffs Pump (HD)

GoLeafsGO.gif

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I can't remember ever seeing a team whine as much as the Caps. Every play they're looking at the ref, putting their hands up...it's kinda sad that a Presidents Trophy winning team has to appeal to the refs so much. I'm actually starting to get a hate on for these ******.

This is why they choke every year, they just have mentally weak players. Not real winners.

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
Holtby: “We earned our bounces, and they kinda got theirs.â€

The other article:
www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/razor-thin-series-leaves-capitals-worried-bad-bounces/
is interesting as well and shows how close the series is despite Capitals complaining of bounces all going the Leaf's way:

Leafs lead 150-147 in shots; Washington controlled shot attempts 51.33% even strength, Leafs have 11-10 goals advantage equal strength, Caps have slight edge in special teams, Leafs seem to have dominated most of the 3rd periods in the series.

I'd say the kids are doing alright

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Was the gif ever posted of Kuznetsov bouncing off of Matthews? Friggan hate that guy too, would love to see it again.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

It's gamesmanship.

Everyone praises the Blackhawks and Penguins as great teams, yet those 2 teams did this better than anyone.

Look at the refs. Complain to the refs. Put pressure on the refs. Make the refs feel like they've hard-done you. Get a make-up call.

I don't think the Caps have whined to the refs any more or less than the Leafs have.

It's all apart of the playoffs. Some huge powerplays have defined games in this series.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-capitals-hoping-andersen-holtby/

Delusional. This series has been played very evenly and they still act like they're dominating and we just keep getting lucky.

This is all part of the strategy of the Capitals. Want to get into the heads of young guys? Tell them that they haven't actually earned any of their success. Trotz is doing it, Holtby is doing, the other guys like Williams and Oshie are doing it.

It's no wonder Washington is such a bad playoff team, they are so mentally fragile that they have to convince themselves that everything is alright and it's just the bounces.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Pin those Holtby comments up, that's some good motivation right there that *******.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Pin those Holtby comments up, that's some good motivation right there that *******.

That Washington media that their knives out in that dressing room after game 3, and they spurred them onto their best performance of the series in game 4.

They've not been in a great mood this morning either.

At some point you have to expect Holtby will have a huge night in net. He's just too good not to.

Anderson willl have to deliver, potentially, the best game of his life, tonight.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This is all part of the strategy of the Capitals. Want to get into the heads of young guys? Tell them that they haven't actually earned any of their success. Trotz is doing it, Holtby is doing, the other guys like Williams and Oshie are doing it.

It's no wonder Washington is such a bad playoff team, they are so mentally fragile that they have to convince themselves that everything is alright and it's just the bounces.

I think they forgot who our Commander in Chief is.
Babcock is going to be pumping them full of: no one <<bad word>> thinks you should be here, no one thinks you <<bad word>> earned these two games, now why don't you show them how wrong they <bad word, bad word> are. Play Hard! Play Fast! be a good human being!

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think they forgot who our Commander in Chief is.
Babcock is going to be pumping them full of: no one <<bad word>> thinks you should be here, no one thinks you <<bad word>> earned these two games, now why don't you show them how wrong they <bad word, bad word> are. Play Hard! Play Fast! be a good human being!

totally, gotta love Babs, he's instilled in them all series long that they deserve to be here and they're here to win and nothing less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad