Playoff race.

sbhnur

Dec 26, 2020
Flyers play the Caps on Tuesday. As I read it the games against each other count when the Flyers win. Everything else seems to be equal (if the Caps win against Boston).

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Does anybody know: if the Flyers beat the Caps in the next game they pass them, even when the caps win the last game they have on hand? I think the record of both teams against each other matters when everything else is equal?
They would have to beat Washington in regulation. A flyers overtime/shootout win puts Washington into the playoffs assuming the caps beat Boston

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Still have the best chance to make it, IMO.

Preds are locked in their spot and NYI likely will be too when that game happens.

I don't trust WSH or DET to win out.
Pittsburgh’s playoff odds are currently 15% (or 12% according to the ESPN broadcast I watched last night).

Not looking good.

sbhnur

Dec 26, 2020
Guess Detroit will make it, they're playing the Canadiens back to back. Would be a big failure if they don't tbh, especially since the opponents have more difficult games and meet directly for the last game.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Excited to watch games tonight. Will have tv, laptop, phone going at same time.

One thing I think the NHL gets wrong is the tie-breaker. If at the end of the regular season, 2 teams are tied and 1 will make the play-offs and one is out, they should play a game for the last spot. Let the team holding the "tie-breaker" host the game. If they are tied for seeding where both are in, or they are tied for lottery placement then use the tie-breaker. If Detroit and Washington both win tonight, they should be playing a game in Washington on Thursday or Friday for the last spot.

They would have to beat Washington in regulation. A flyers overtime/shootout win puts Washington into the playoffs assuming the caps beat Boston
Not if Detroit wins tonight.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Excited to watch games tonight. Will have tv, laptop, phone going at same time.

One thing I think the NHL gets wrong is the tie-breaker. If at the end of the regular season, 2 teams are tied and 1 will make the play-offs and one is out, they should play a game for the last spot. Let the team holding the "tie-breaker" host the game. If they are tied for seeding where both are in, or they are tied for lottery placement then use the tie-breaker. If Detroit and Washington both win tonight, they should be playing a game in Washington on Thursday or Friday for the last spot.

Not if Detroit wins tonight.
Well that was from a couple days ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad