Isles (L) @ CAPSIsles (w)vs. MTL
PITT (L) vs. CHIPITT (OTL) @ CBJ
FLA (OTL) vs. TORFLA (L) vs. CAR

ODDS -

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Amazing news. That means it can't be a concussion right? Maybe some neck soreness or something to work through, but that's total speculation from me.

If he had a concussion he would not be skating with the team as a regular. He's eligible to return for the next game (unless he's just sore like you mention).

Reactions: 13th Floor

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Last back to back I thought we would start Varly one game, which we wound up doing. Now, at this stage I would want Sorokin to play both games if possible to give us the breathing room for the WC spot.

However, that may not be practical. Friday is a 7PM start on the road and Saturday a 5PM start at home.(can't even give us 24 hours in between starts with a flight in between? )

Guessing, Sorokin starts Friday then we play it by ear on Saturday? depending on how he feels, our level of desperation and the standings at that point in time? If we have a bit of breathing space, then Varly Saturday, if the gap is closed then Sorokin? Curious how Lane plays is.

Any thoughts?

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Last back to back I thought we would start Varly one game, which we wound up doing. Now, at this stage I would want Sorokin to play both games if possible to give us the breathing room for the WC spot.

However, that may not be practical. Friday is a 7PM start on the road and Saturday a 5PM start at home.(can't even give us 24 hours in between starts with a flight in between? )

Guessing, Sorokin starts Friday then we play it by ear on Saturday? depending on how he feels, our level of desperation and the standings at that point in time? If we have a bit of breathing space, then Varly Saturday, if the gap is closed then Sorokin? Curious how Lane plays is.

Any thoughts?

Sorokin played both of the back to back games in SoCal.

Reactions: 19 in a row

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
So, like…whatever happened to those magical games in hand everyone had on us?
DCB6825C-DFE8-42AC-BBBB-E0672AA03143.png

• Love
Reactions: Strummergas and TMI

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not to get too incredibly far ahead of things, but if the Isles finish in WC1 and end up with more points than TBL, and then we play them in the 3rd round, we get the home ice, no?

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Not to get too incredibly far ahead of things, but if the Isles finish in WC1 and end up with more points than TBL, and then we play them in the 3rd round, we get the home ice, no?

Correct.

In the Conference Final and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record, regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions.

• Love
Reactions: JKP and doublechili

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I don't see the Islanders being +4 games ahead of Tampa Bay the rest of the way (and they'd have to overtake them in RW too).

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I don't see the Islanders being +4 games ahead of Tampa Bay the rest of the way (and they'd have to overtake them in RW too).
I agree it's an incredible longshot, but the Isles are 8 points behind with a game in hand and they play TBL two more times. If we won the game in hand and both head to heads we'd be 2 point back of them. And at that point we might have the tiebreaker too. Highly unlikely, but not impossible.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I agree it's an incredible longshot, but the Isles are 8 points behind with a game in hand and they play TBL two more times. If we won the game in hand and both head to heads we'd be 2 point back of them. And at that point we might have the tiebreaker too. Highly unlikely, but not impossible.

I forgot about that, it makes it much more doable, but still a longshot like you mentioned.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Sorokin played both of the back to back games in SoCal.
you are 100% right. I had actually commented about Varly playing the caps pro to the 3/11 game , which was not a back to back. We had just won e straight vs teams in the playoff hunt at the time and if he had not played it would have been over 2 weeks between starts for Varly . It was not the back to back . Thanks for correcting. My bad. We lost the caps game but still glad Sorokin got a game off.

Reactions: 13th Floor

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
you are 100% right. I had actually commented about Varly playing the caps pro to the 3/11 game , which was not a back to back. We had just won e straight vs teams in the playoff hunt at the time and if he had not played it would have been over 2 weeks between starts for Varly . It was not the back to back . Thanks for correcting. My bad. We lost the caps game but still glad Sorokin got a game off.

Yea no worries. I only remembered because we needed that Ducks game bad and was hoping Sorokin would get the nod after getting shelled in LA.

It would be nice to get that little x by our name so we can get him some rest.

Reactions: 19 in a row

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Isles are back to officially controlling their own destiny for the first time in what feels like months. Can't get tripped up by the two trap games coming up - plant your foot on the gas and gain some distance from PIT & FLA.

Reactions: NYI365 and mm11

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
PIT has 26 regulation wins in 72 games? If they make it they're going to get swept in the 1st round with no 3on3 or SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad