Playoff push positivity: WE IN! GIF PARTY

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
let's channel spirits of 2005-06.

ride this bull all the way. anything can happen.

let's keep in perspective that for the first time since 2012 we're playing meaningful games this late in the season. imagine the stories we'd have if they went on a 7-1-1 tear down the stretch and got into the dance playing games mostly against divisional rivals.

anything. can. happen.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Just have to get back to winning. If the Devils finish strong they’ll end up in.

Getting some guys back in the lineup tomorrow can be the mental excuse needed to get on a roll.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
Notice how a lot of the regulars posters haven't posted anything, LOL, always negative!

Loving this thread, just what this team needs, a little positive reinforcement!

We still got this! Can't wait to watch the Devils in the playoffs!

Reactions: EdisonDevil

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
a249NqE_700b.jpg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Anyone who expected playoffs before the season based on last year’s finish raise your hand. That’s what I thought. This has been a great season. All I ask is the team play hard to the end. A playoff spot would be icing on the cake but if someone had created a poll for the minimum acceptable improvement before the season this level of competency would have been in the middle of the poll not near the bottom. Might it be disappointing to miss the postseason? Of course. And I have sympathy for guys like Hall Sevs Gibbons and even Hayes and Stafford who either haven’t been there or may never get another chance. That said the battleship has turned and is moving in the right direction at a faster pace than expected.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
we just completed our two toughest matchups for the rest of the season.

weve had great performances against everyone of our remaining opponents.

feeling good about this team bringing their best effort. if they do that, theyre in.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Some positive thoughts:
1. We're still in a playoff spot
2. We have a game in hand on the Flyers, after tonight we will have two games in hand on the BJs
3. The rest of our games are in the East
4. The Panthers play the Bruins 3 times, Preds once, Leafs once
5. The Blue Jackets have to make a Western Canada road trip (never easy)
6. Someone (CBJ/FLA) has to lose tonight
7. Our final opponents include CAR, NYI, NYR, MTL, PIT (beaten twice), TBL (beaten twice), WSH (maybe resting starters?)

All of the above! I LOVE IT! LGD!

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
This is a breath of fresh air instead of the constant berating of Cory on the main boards and our own boards.

We can still do it! Whole team just has to show up and give effort over 3 full periods. One period at a time.

Also, Lovejoy gave a big speech at the end of practice today. Hope it inspires everyone!

LGD!

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
This is a breath of fresh air instead of the constant berating of Cory on the main boards and our own boards.

We can still do it! Whole team just has to show up and give effort over 3 full periods. One period at a time.

Also, Lovejoy gave a big speech at the end of practice today. Hope it inspires everyone!

LGD!
Hopefully his speech started something like this: “Eventhough I will be watching this game from the press box....blah blah blah...pew pew pew ‘Merica.”

Reactions: None Shall Pass

FooteBahl

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

LGD!
One shift. One period. One game. We play today, we win today. Das it.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

FooteBahl

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Anyone who expected playoffs before the season based on last year’s finish raise your hand. That’s what I thought. This has been a great season. All I ask is the team play hard to the end. A playoff spot would be icing on the cake but if someone had created a poll for the minimum acceptable improvement before the season this level of competency would have been in the middle of the poll not near the bottom. Might it be disappointing to miss the postseason? Of course. And I have sympathy for guys like Hall Sevs Gibbons and even Hayes and Stafford who either haven’t been there or may never get another chance. That said the battleship has turned and is moving in the right direction at a faster pace than expected.
image.png

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad