Playoff push positivity: WE IN! GIF PARTY

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hopefully his speech started something like this: “Eventhough I will be watching this game from the press box....blah blah blah...pew pew pew ‘Merica.”

Actually he said...and I quote “I’ve owed those fans on hfboards a hat trick for I don’t know how long. I plan on making good on that debt every game for the rest of the season. I don’t know if you have had unrealistic expectations placed upon you by the fans but if not...go out and get some. Come back and then live up to them for the next few weeks and let’s make sure Mueller and Santini stay right where they are! “

Reactions: EdisonDevil

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lol correct. This is rainbows and butterflies only!

Drink up everyone!

Kool-Aid_Man.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I haven't had Kool Aid in like 18-20 years or something.

I used to go over to a house where my friends lived and most of them were non-alcohol consumers like myself, and they used to drink so much Kool-Aid, I don't know how their skin didn't turn red. I could go for some Kool Aid right now. I'm pretty frickin thirsty over here!

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The way this team has won/lost in bunches this year it's not at all unreasonable to think they could rip off a few in a row and sneak in.

There really seems to be no turnaround, we win a bunch and then with nothing changing we suddenly win a bunch.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The way this team has won/lost in bunches this year it's not at all unreasonable to think they could rip off a few in a row and sneak in.

There really seems to be no turnaround, we win a bunch and then with nothing changing we suddenly win a bunch.
We seriously have the potential to sweep or be swept if do make the playoffs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I haven't had Kool Aid in like 18-20 years or something.

I used to go over to a house where my friends lived and most of them were non-alcohol consumers like myself, and they used to drink so much Kool-Aid, I don't know how their skin didn't turn red. I could go for some Kool Aid right now. I'm pretty frickin thirsty over here!

I couldn't resist even though Kool-Aid's more a Lou thing thanks to JefferDanton's infamous quote about drinking the Lou Kool-Aid during his holdout way back when. The Kool-Aid reference will never get old for me, especially cause it's red like the Devils :P

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Have you fallen ill Jim? Lol
No was talking to a guy about 20 minutes ago about the Devils...and it was painful how little he knew "Big fan bro". And while the dude was talking I was thinking...wow I can't wait open my phone and at least hear from people who know about the team...then it dawned on me... I really take this place granted... every person here knows more about the team than nearly everyone I know and that's why I keep coming here.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Jim's right, I love you all for giving me a place to talk about the Devils. Being an out of market fan is hard sometimes but it's so much fun to come back here and actually talk about the team we all love.

As for positivity around the team. They've made major strides no doubt. And while missing the playoffs may be disapponting it's hard not to look at this season as successful no matter what, given we were pegged to finish dead last by so many people. Nico has been fantastic, he'll be our #1 center for a long time. Bratt has cooled off but his potential is still fantastic and he's only 19. Butcher has been a great addition too. That's 3 guys basically added to our core, that are super young and great players to build around. I've never been more excited about this team's future and that won't change no matter how this season finishes.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Jim's right, I love you all for giving me a place to talk about the Devils. Being an out of market fan is hard sometimes but it's so much fun to come back here and actually talk about the team we all love.

As for positivity around the team. They've made major strides no doubt. And while missing the playoffs may be disapponting it's hard not to look at this season as successful no matter what, given we were pegged to finish dead last by so many people. Nico has been fantastic, he'll be our #1 center for a long time. Bratt has cooled off but his potential is still fantastic and he's only 19. Butcher has been a great addition too. That's 3 guys basically added to our core, that are super young and great players to build around. I've never been more excited about this team's future and that won't change no matter how this season finishes.
I’m speaking for myself, but reading the other threads is painful sometimes. Very knowledgeable and stubborn fans arguing the same points trying to prove their points of view is exhausting.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No was talking to a guy about 20 minutes ago about the Devils...and it was painful how little he knew "Big fan bro". And while the dude was talking I was thinking...wow I can't wait open my phone and at least hear from people who know about the team...then it dawned on me... I really take this place granted... every person here knows more about the team than nearly everyone I know and that's why I keep coming here.
Friend of mines wife is a big fan. She interacts with other fans via FB. Not to be snobby but........

And yeah, love this board, love the endless circular debates, love the giddy enthusiasm after a win, and the ridiculous nonsense after a loss.

Shiny happy people.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Oh I got something positive to say.... I truly enjoy the people and the opinions here. You might not think so, but I do admire the opinions here a great deal. And... I especially admire the posters/fans who never left during the last 5 years.

Dammit I shed a tear

Tears of joy dammit

The Devils WILL do it. They WILL make it to the playoffs. They WILL shock the Lightning in 7. They WILL shock the Bruins in 6. They WILL shock the Pens in 7. They WILL SHOCK the Preds in 7.

DAMN they will be tired!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->