Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Preview: Washington Capitals (1st Metro) v Toronto Maple Leafs (2nd WildCard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I will be complacent to win 1 game, and consider it a success if we win 2.

I think we can steal games off of Washington, but not a series. They are no joke this year, easily the favourites to win it all. If they lose to us in the 1st round, I dont think Ovechkin will ever have this opportunity to win the cup again. They have enough talent and are elite in all facets of the game as a team, would be one of the biggest failures ever to lose to us.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Realistically we are facing a team that has been built to win a cup for x amount of years already. I think we'll lose in 6 but I wouldn't be surprised if our kids played big in big games.

Also I don't think this week is any sort of precursor to how the series will turn out. We played a lot of hockey and a few days rest can do these guys some good.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I hate Leafs "fans" who say **** like "Caps in 4"

This is hockey, upsets happen. Have some ****ing pride and BeLeaf in your team.

Leafs in 7

Go :leafs Go

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
This is literally the best team Wash has had in a decade.

PIT will be a cake walk after we finish off Ovi and co.

Have to keep faith. Its not over.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I hate Leafs "fans" who say **** like "Caps in 4"

This is hockey, upsets happen. Have some ****ing pride and BeLeaf in your team.
This hockey. Sweeps also happen. Predictions are predictions. Who cares if people think the Leafs are going out in 4. They could go out in 4. They could win the series. No one knows anything yet.

There's no telling how it will play out. But predictions are predictions because we don't know.

That's like hating on people in the prediction thread who don't say the Leafs are going to win every game. How dare they call themselves fan and predict the Leafs not to win :rant:! ********!

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Typical Maple Leafs.:facepalm:Pissed away any chance at winning a round. They're gonna get smoked by the Caps.:help:

Shutup. Leafs are in the playoffs finally. Just go with it man quit being a negative Nancy.

They're obviously underdogs but upsets happen, but i won't hold my breath because I'll be too busy cheering. GLG

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
The leafs can beat the caps. Washington has a history of choking in the playoffs and all the pressure will be on them. Leafs can embrace the under dog role and just go play. Not saying they will beat the Caps, just saying that they can.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
If the Leafs win this series would that be the biggest 1st round upset in NHL history? It would imo.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Should be fun. I'm not expecting to advance but it'll be nice to see them take on the contenders of the East.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Just play your best and see what happens. I just want to see a great effort. This is hockey not basketball. Anybody can beat anybody even in a playoff series.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Was really hoping you guys would win to re-ignite the Battle of Ontario.

I think you guys match up well with the Caps and in all seriousness will be pulling for you. A young hungry team that play like the Leafs do are the definition of kryptonite for the favourites. Caps choke and the Leafs have already far exceeded expectations and have nothing to lose. I'd be afraid if I was a Caps fans.

Good luck boys and hopefully see you in the ECF

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end should be good fun. The Leafs will get some playoff hockey. It is within the realm of possibility they could steal the series. And even if they don't...it's a hugely important experience for the team.

I didn't care who they faced so long as they got in. And they are in. So I'm good with whatever happens. Play it out game by game.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'll be surprised if this team can even win two.

Super fun to face a non rival, completely dominant team when we had the chance for the easier opponent with the more exciting match up.

Good job boys. Great work Babs having Hyman on 6-5. Way to go Gardiner having your stupid ****ing brain cramps again, thanks Martin for doing literally nothing while Columbus was beating us up, and thank you offense for going completely dry on this home stand save last night.

I look forward to getting thrashed. Definitely going to be enjoyable watching that.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Maple Leafs throw the last game of the season to play WSH. Bring it on Ovie! We are going to run wild over you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad