Playoff predictions

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I think we’re in for a long series....again! Lol

Meanwhile the Regina Pats will have been off for 5 or more weeks when the OHL rep plays them opening night at the Mem Cup!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well missed one this time. next round-

Hamilton - Kingston - Kingston in 7 - Goaltender will be the difference.
Soo - Kitchener - Soo in 7 , debated this one but Kitchener will have a tough time with the Soo in their own end. Kitchener will certainly be tough down low as well - Kitchener has some big boys up front that will test the Soo - G Smith will be enemy # 1.
Dropped another one - now 2 wrong so far. Pretty much had the Soo series right including the GS prediction.

Soo -Hamilton - Soo in 7

I see this as another home ice series - Soo will prevail.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Thanks a lot sarnia..

11/12 overall now.
No games right this past round.

SSM over Kitchener in 5
Hamilton over Kingston in 6
13/14 now

I’ll go Hamilton in 6

I’ve said all year that while SSM is a very good team, they aren’t this historic team that some make them out to be. They just don’t have the same makeup. They are a good team but I’m not surprised to see them struggling at times. Like many have mentioned, they benefited from a soft division and overall a softer conference than the western has seen in a few years. Kitchener was the best team in the Midwest this year and I don’t think they come close to the last 4 Western Champs that were represented by the Midwest

Will come down to defense and who can win on the road. SSM is an unimpressive 3-5 on the road this playoffs. And 2 of those wins vs the 8th see Saginaw..
I went way back to 1998 and I could not find one team that won an OHL title with a sub .500 home record. SSM could turn it around this series and go 2-1 or better on the road. But that would just bring them to .500.. something no OHL title team has done recently either. Only 1 OHL title team has lost 5 or more on the road since 1998 and that was OS in 2011 who went 6-5 on the road.
The outline for Hamilton.. split the first 2. Do that and imo you should guarantee yourself 6/7 game series. The longer it goes the more it should benefit Hamilton

Reactions: aresknights

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
13/14 now

I’ll go Hamilton in 6

I’ve said all year that while SSM is a very good team, they aren’t this historic team that some make them out to be. They just don’t have the same makeup. They are a good team but I’m not surprised to see them struggling at times. Like many have mentioned, they benefited from a soft division and overall a softer conference than the western has seen in a few years. Kitchener was the best team in the Midwest this year and I don’t think they come close to the last 4 Western Champs that were represented by the Midwest

Will come down to defense and who can win on the road. SSM is an unimpressive 3-5 on the road this playoffs. And 2 of those wins vs the 8th see Saginaw..
I went way back to 1998 and I could not find one team that won an OHL title with a sub .500 home record. SSM could turn it around this series and go 2-1 or better on the road. But that would just bring them to .500.. something no OHL title team has done recently either. Only 1 OHL title team has lost 5 or more on the road since 1998 and that was OS in 2011 who went 6-5 on the road.
The outline for Hamilton.. split the first 2. Do that and imo you should guarantee yourself 6/7 game series. The longer it goes the more it should benefit Hamilton

I managed 14/15 right. Thanks a lot sarnia lol

Well I was right though, SSM just was not a good road team at all which was guaranteed to make his series go 6/7 games and benefit the fresher Hamilton team
1-2 on the road in this series for SSM and overall a very poor 4-7 on the road (but just 2-7 on the road after round 1)

Congrats Hamilton! Still league champs and nobody can take that away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad