Playoff Avatars - the time has come!

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Simplicity avatar, same as RC strategy

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
My only issue with Bargain Bob or Bob the Builder is that is kind of a Ducks joke and most will not quite grasp it.

I’ll do whatever but just pointing that out.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
My only issue with Bargain Bob or Bob the Builder is that is kind of a Ducks joke and most will not quite grasp it.

I’ll do whatever but just pointing that out.

Since when do we care what others think #EveryoneHatesUs

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
We should all just have avatars of Corey Perry in religious photos that say "Corey Perry is a Saint".

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
For an old men theme, tagine "decupit"

Show pictures of zombies or old people.

In the vein of the bully stuff I take it most if you weren't around when we did the "give us your lunch money" theme 10 years ago or so. Those were great.

I want to say snark did all the Photoshop then, but he isn't around anymore. Hope he isn't dead.

Not dead, but I didn't really like the change to the new boards. It doesn't log on with the computer with ssl. Also have been pretty busy and haven't seen hardly any games this season.

I did about half of the lunch money ones. Maybe more for the next couple of years. Too lazy these days.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well the story of our season has clearly been injuries. So, ''Saving duckling Ryan''? Not sure which Ryan we should use then - G or K tho
or ''Saving Private Randy''. With everyone injured trying to freaking save our Bobandy, which is really how it all went down :laugh:

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I'm fine with the bully idea, but...

We really should not do a villain theme. The Kings board did that about 2 years ago and did it pretty well. I really don't want to look like their ideas are better than ours and we just need to copy them.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
We should all just have avatars of Corey Perry in religious photos that say "Corey Perry is a Saint".

I could get on board with this. Perry - Kes- Bieksa- Ritchie... all the boys everyone complains about with halos on lol

Reactions: duckaroosky
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I want a bully theme with Sgt Hartman in it

latest

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I could get on board with this. Perry - Kes- Bieksa- Ritchie... all the boys everyone complains about with halos on lol

This could be funny.

I heard a segment on the playoffs on the NHL network. They talked about Getz and said that he can really enforce his will on the ice at times. And, they said "when he goes into bully mode he's hard to contain". I thought it was funny, all of this considered.

Reactions: Spazkat

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

That was basically what I was getting at with my Angels idea. Could pretend it's some sort of Anaheim spring sports solidarity theme but it's really just a thinly veiled excuse to put a halo on Perry/Kesler etc.

o244az-b88634762z.120160205221849000g9lemltr.10.jpg

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
What about the players laughing and something about not listening to the coach? Isn't that when all of the success started anyways?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
That was basically what I was getting at with my Angels idea. Could pretend it's some sort of Anaheim spring sports solidarity theme but it's really just a thinly veiled excuse to put a halo on Perry/Kesler etc.

o244az-b88634762z.120160205221849000g9lemltr.10.jpg

Yes. Also a sort of snarky twist to the villains/bullies theme. That's what most other fanbases think we do anyways.... blindly standing up for our players and refusing to see what terrible people they are underneath.

Mr Quacksworth

Apr 8, 2018
Anaheim
Am I doing this right avatar thing right? Hello all, been a long time reader of these boards, but I finally went through and made a profile. I intend to be fairly active and provide another solid voice in a pond with so many others. I definitely felt the urge to make a profile when Buffalo fans were offering the illustrious Tyler Ennis for Cam Fowler, or anytime Leafs fans insisted we needed JVR like Lincoln needed another hole in the head, but I manned up and made the account. I live in Phoenix and haven't missed a Ducks vs Yotes game since I moved here in 2014, from the Anaheim area. For the first time, last Saturday, Gila River Arena had an actual Coyotes' fan atmosphere, which pains me that the Coyotes have sucked so mercilessly since the playoff format change.

And just a few thoughts about the team in recent memory:

Ok w/ the BB firing and indifferent on the Carlyle re-hire, I just want to win before the core isn't strong enough to compete.
Wish we could've traded Bobby Ryan for Tyler Seguin way back when, totally would've made sense at the time, but I like Silf and I think/hope Ritchie will develop into a top 6 contributor.
Idk who's better between Hampus and Cam, but neither are a true #1 (Yet?) and I like them a lot. (Manson and Montour are amazing, didn't want to forget them.)
Loved the Henrique-Vatanen swap, was waiting for that to happen for years because of our depth.
Current Faves on this team, for various reasons: Montour, Kase, Manson, Grantzlaf, Gibson, The Captain, and of course, the bruising goon, known as "Cogs".

Also, go Halos and the full size pic was (successfully?) added for all it's effortless glory.
Office Space finished.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad