ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Gritty Murray.jpg

I tried to make Bob look a bit grittier

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Would have proposed a "feels good to be the villain" theme in which we shop our players' faces onto famous movie/series/comics/gaming villains.

Bob works as well, I guess :laugh:

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Maybe put Bob sticking out of a dumpster. For the Ducks that what getting to the playoffs is all about.

We could each add our favorite dive acquisition.

John

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Given that we had a lot of injury troubles this season, and that there's been a bit of an "old boys" -thing going on lately, I thought a nursing home/rehab theme could be interesting...

hGiXT9C.gif
Q8e6l9Z.gif
Like this very much.
But the GMBM theme is also nice. I don`t mean any offence to Bobandy, tho. I really think he is a very good GM, despite some of the shortcomings

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
My $0.02 for some of the ideas floating around:

-The kings did the villains thing a few years ago
-Browsing other teams' boards the injury idea has been tossed around as well
-If you all have the same avatar I get confused as to who is who (too lazy to read names)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just have George Parros suspending the teams playoff chances on the account of Cogliano

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
^ The only problem I have with this is that it's bad juju for our playoff hopes -- we had effort in our avatars in 2015, we made the WCF. No effort in 2016, first round exit. Effort in 2017, we made the WCF...

Reactions: Getzmonster

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I like the villains/bullies theme.

I think the Bully theme could be cool. Not so much villains like The Joker or Lex Luthor but straight up old school bullies.

For example, Biff Tannen from Back to the Future or Scut Farkus from A Christmas Story.

Some other ones could be Johnny from Karate Kid, Fred from Dazed and Confused, Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, Chet from Weird Science, Jeoffrey from Game of Thrones, Draco from Harry Potter, Nelson from the Simpsons, Buzz from the Home Alone movies, Bender from The Breakfast Club, or Odoyle Family from Billy Madison.

There are a lot of different possibilities.

Could be a gif with the Stanley Cup playoffs logo, a bully, and a Ducks player?

Just a thought.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
If I knew how to even make a gif, I would lol.........
I tried to get help from my 8 yo, we ended up playing Minecraft for two hours. I wanted to take this Murray pic (left) and animate Carlyle and Bieksa creeping up over his shoulders with a tagline.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think the Bully theme could be cool. Not so much villains like The Joker or Lex Luthor but straight up old school bullies.

For example, Biff Tannen from Back to the Future or Scut Farkus from A Christmas Story.

Some other ones could be Johnny from Karate Kid, Fred from Dazed and Confused, Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, Chet from Weird Science, Jeoffrey from Game of Thrones, Draco from Harry Potter, Nelson from the Simpsons, Buzz from the Home Alone movies, Bender from The Breakfast Club, or Odoyle Family from Billy Madison.

There are a lot of different possibilities.

Could be a gif with the Stanley Cup playoffs logo, a bully, and a Ducks player?

Just a thought.

Could we do a Ducks/Angels solidarity thing but it's really a jab at how everyone thinks our team is full of hellions?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
So, to combine the Bob theme and the bully theme, I made these. IIRC, somebody posted some time ago that Bob was not a "finisher" type GM, but a "builder" instead...

xnx6hlw.gif
tHs4ug2.gif

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
In the vein of the bully stuff I take it most if you weren't around when we did the "give us your lunch money" theme 10 years ago or so. Those were great.

I want to say snark did all the Photoshop then, but he isn't around anymore. Hope he isn't dead.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
"All I do is try to make it simple
The ones that make it complicated
Never get congratulated"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad