Players points total upcoming season

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I expect Suzuki and Caufield to continue improving their point totals.
I would like to see Slaf get about 30-35 points.
I have Dach penciled in for 55-60 points.

Other than that....

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Most of the predictions are reasonable and stay within a safe range. I'll be more specific about my minimum expectations:

Caufield: 40 goals. He can score more, but at least 40 shows a balance of talent + durability.
Suzuki: 75 points. Give him the right wingers for enough games and let him finally show what he can do.
Dach: 60 points. His tools and vision are just plain better than our previous wannabe Cs. If he's healthy, there's no reason to settle for less.
Slafkovsky: 12 goals, 20 assists. This is a reasonable bare minimum for the early development of a 1OA.
Montembeault: 40 GP, .908 SV%. Took him awhile, but it's possible Sam is figuring out how to become a solid NHL starter.
This is very doable and it will come down to improving our zone exits and our puck possession time and a far more consistent PP.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
by being more skilled offensively?
I'm just saying that odds are Suzuki's the C, will get more points than Caufield who, while a great shot, isn't one to score them goals all by himself. The other question would be who the 38 set-ups would be for from Caufield?

More likely Suzuki is a PPG producer than a 72-point pivot if his LW gets 82 points, including 44 goals.

God thing is Suzuki has a good shot, so he could score 30 goals as well.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This is very doable and it will come down to improving our zone exits and our puck possession time and a far more consistent PP.
With a better PP, all of our better players will experience an uptick in point production, but it is also securing that they can produce at even strength. Come playoff time, when we make the postseason again, with the refs hiding those whistles firmly behind their jockstrap cups again, even strength production will be crucial.

I can't imagine Caufield NOT scoring 14 more goals in 38 games after scoring 26 in 44 games.

I also can't imagine Suzuki not surpassing the 70-point mark this season if everyone he plays with stay healthy.

The question will be who plays RW with Caufield and Suzuki? I have no qualms about reuniting each with Caufield and Suzuki to start the year and build confidence in all three forwards from the get-go.

Monahan is the key to this equation.

If he stays healthy, he's likely traded by the deadline and a confident, productive Dach ends the year at C. The following year, Dach starts atC with, perhaps, Beck earning the 3rd pivot role and providing some solid two-way strength behind Dach with legitimate offensive upside for the third line.

If Monahan gets injured before the trade deadline, Dach returns to C quicker is all.

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Newhook - Monahan - Anderson
Slafkovsky - Dvorak - Gallagher/Heineman
RHP - Evans - Heineman/Gallagher
Armia, Ylonen, Pezzetta

I like the idea of having matching speed between Newhook and Anderson on the Monahan line, with Newhook enough of playmaker and shooter to keep the opposing D honest during two on ones.

I also like the idea of Heineman to replicate a chemistry that RHP had with Anderson. In fact, I see Heineman as a more complete line mate for RHP, with a lot of the same positive attributes that Anderson brings; speed, physicality, shot.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Suzuki (82 GP) = 76 pts
Caufield (72 GP) = 67 pts
Monahan (41 GP before TDL 2024) = 30 pts

Dach (72 GP) = 55 pts
Newhook (82 GP) = 50 pts
Slafkovski (72 GP) = 40 pts

RHP (75 G) = 40 pts
Anderson (75 GP) = 35 pts
Dvorak (65 GP) = 30 pts

Ylonen (50 GP) = 30 pts
Gallagher (55 GP) = 25 pts

Evans (72 GP) = 20 pts
Armia (72 GP) = 20 pts
Pezzetta (41 GP) = 15 pts

Roy/Farrell/Heineman/Andersson (61 GP) = 20 pts

Matheson (72 GP) = 45 pts
Ghule (72 GP) = 35 pts

Harris (72 GP) = 25 pts
Xhekaj (62 GP) = 25 pts
Savard (72 GP) = 20 pts
Kovacevic/Lindstrom (62 GP) = 15 pts

Barron (60 GP) = 25 pts
Lindstrom/Kovacevic (20 GP* before TDL 2024) = 7 pts

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Ignoring season ending injuries. Suzuki = 74 pts
Caufield = 66 pts
Monahan = 48 pts
Dach = 57 pts
Newhook = 44 pts
Slafkovski = 33 pts
RHP = 38 pts
Anderson = 37 pts
Dvorak = 31 pts
Ylonen = 27 pts
Gallagher = 33 pts
Evans = 28 pts
Armia = 17 pts
Pezzetta = 14 pts
Matheson = 47 pts
Ghule = 34 pts
Harris = 22 pts
Xhekaj = 17 pts
Savard = 24 pts
Kovacevic = 13 pts
Lindstrom = 13 pts
Barron = 28 pts

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
How did everyone do? Personally I'm quite satisfied by the production of our core players. I was losing hope mid season when a lot of them were struggling but they all picked it up and finished off the season nicely.

Those predictions were made to be challenging and wasn't based on what I was expecting but more on what I was hoping.

Suzuki exceed expectations by 2 points.
Caufield was 5 points behind but I think his injury held him back. Still a good season.
Slafkovsky got 10 more points than what I was hoping. Amazing season.
Monahan Not only did he not get injured 20 games in like the vast majority predicted but he had a tremendous season. I was hoping for 60 he ended up with 59.
Matheson I was being ambitious with 50 points. He took it up a notch with 62 points.
Newhook His injuries held him back but he was right on track to surpass my projection with over 50 points. It's turning out to be a great trade and a lot of people are sleeping on him.

HM to Joel Armia who I had completely written-off (didn't even bother to include him) he came back out of nowhere and surprised everyone.

Only "disappointment" for me production wise was Guhle,Barron, Xhekaj who I was probably too optimistic. I particularly expected more from Barron. Hopefully he can improve next season. I'm still high on his potential. Also expected way more from RHP especially the way he played the previous season.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the final results. The players that we needed to step up and take that extra actually surpassed it. This has been a successful season. Hopefully Kirby can comeback healthy next season.

The next few seasons will be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad