Players points total upcoming season

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Farrell won"t be playing in the NHL this year --not for the Hxbs, anyhow -- so there's that 40 points for this player out the window.

Barring a ton of injuries, again, I can't imagine Condotta getting more than a barely a sniff at the NHL,not 17 games.

Heineman will play before both Farrell and Condotta.
You are wrong and it's ok. Farrell is one of our most talented offensive prospects and he showed flashes of it at the end of last year. He will absolutely get his shot. You may be right on Heineman but Condotta won't be no pushover either.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You are wrong and it's ok. Farrell is one of our most talented offensive prospects and he showed flashes of it at the end of last year. He will absolutely get his shot. You may be right on Heineman but Condotta won't be no pushover either.
Flashes of it at the end of last year? Were you watching the same games. Farrell was clearly out of his league in the showcase he wrangled tossing his contract.

I'll eager to see how he fares in the AHL before anything.

Reactions: rickthegoon

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Flashes of it at the end of last year? Were you watching the same games. Farrell was clearly out of his league in the showcase he wrangled tossing his contract.

I'll eager to see how he fares in the AHL before anything.
lmao what he was playing with 3rd and 4th line grinders the whole time and still looked good. The guy isn't a two way forward. He needs powerplay time and time with offensive players to succeed, which he will after his performance in training camp. I find it laughable that you're willing to throw away a prospect after a couple of games in a lost season.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
lmao what he was playing with 3rd and 4th line grinders the whole time and still looked good. The guy isn't a two way forward. He needs powerplay time and time with offensive players to succeed, which he will after his performance in training camp. I find it laughable that you're willing to throw away a prospect after a couple of games in a lost season.
I'm not throwing Farrell away, but he showed squat, not flashes of being one of the most offensive prospects we have.

This could be his year to prove his worth against prison Laval and make a case for himself as a potential call-up. Hope he does well, because that can only be good for the team.

Let's squash any suggestions that I'm only spouting crap to be right (couldn't care less), as the best for the team is really all that counts for me. I don't have it in for any player, really.

But, according to you, Farrell is's a one-dimensional offensive player who needs to play with other offensive players to stand out?

If he's a one-dimensional player, he better be goodfor100 points, because he won't merit enough TOI otherwise.

Hope he pans out, but I'm not handing him undeserved ice time if I'm the head coach. Not a big fan of avoiding meritocracy based simply on hype.

Reactions: Mudz

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
I'm not throwing Farrell away, but he showed squat, not flashes of being one of the most offensive prospects we have.

This could be his year to prove his worth against prison Laval and make a case for himself as a potential call-up. Hope he does well, because that can only be good for the team.

Let's squash any suggestions that I'm only spouting crap to be right (couldn't care less), as the best for the team is really all that counts for me. I don't have it in for any player, really.

But, according to you, Farrell is's a one-dimensional offensive player who needs to play with other offensive players to stand out?

If he's a one-dimensional player, he better be goodfor100 points, because he won't merit enough TOI otherwise.

Hope he pans out, but I'm not handing him undeserved ice time if I'm the head coach. Not a big fan of avoiding meritocracy based simply on hype.

lmao when did I ever say that. I said that he was an offensive player. Not that he was necessarily useless on both sides of the puck. And based on what I saw from Farrell in NCAA and in MTL last year, I think his play in camp will speak for itself and he will win a spot out of camp.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Habs players combined for 227 goals last season

They have added Newhook and Lindstrom who scored 15 goals

The guys who are no longer with the Habs scored 43 goals
(Belzile, Dadonov, Drouin, Edmundson, Gurianov, Hoffman, Pitlick, Richard, Tierney)

So they start the season with a group that scored 199 NHL goals in 2022-23. (the team who scored the fewest goals last season was Chicago with 202).

No prediction here, will just keep expectations within the parameters of a team without a lot of offensive depth.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal

I'm with you. Ferrell looked so small. And scared. He was really shell shocked. 40 points seems unrealistic but I'm curious to see how he'll look in camps. Still willing to give him a chance.

His first goal was so bad. It usually translate to how the player's career will be. So I guess he might be trash.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
lmao when did I ever say that. I said that he was an offensive player. Not that he was necessarily useless on both sides of the puck. And based on what I saw from Farrell in NCAA and in MTL last year, I think his play in camp will speak for itself and he will win a spot out of camp.
Hope he shines like a blazing light in camp and that you prove right. MOAR talent, the better.

I'm with you. Ferrell looked so small. And scared. He was really shell shocked. 40 points seems unrealistic but I'm curious to see how he'll look in camps. Still willing to give him a chance.

His first goal was so bad. It usually translate to how the player's career will be. So I guess he might be trash.
Hope he learns and carves a choice niche for himself, but don't see 40 points right off the bat is all.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
CC - 44 goals 82 points
Suzuki - 29 goals 72 points
Dach -18 goals - 56 points

rest of em, not much.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Cole Caufield 82 45 37 82
Nick Suzuki 82 35 47 82
Kirby Dach 82 20 66 82
Michael Matheson 82 20 50 70

Alex Newhook 82 25 40 65
Sean Monahan 75 20 40 60
Josh Anderson 76 30 20 50

Justin Barron 82 10 30 40
Kaiden Guhle 80 10 30 40
Juraj Slafkovsky 82 20 20 40
David Savard 82 12 28 40

Gustav Lindstrom 60 2 20 22

Reactions: rik schau

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

(Belzile, Dadonov, Drouin, Edmundson, Gurianov, Hoffman, Pitlick, Richard, Tierney)

So they start the season with a group that scored 199 NHL goals in 2022-23. (the team who scored the fewest goals last season was Chicago with 202).

No prediction here, will just keep expectations within the parameters of a team without a lot of offensive depth.
There were also injuries that made these players play more minutes than they should have. Also the names you listed were depth guys.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

There is offensive depth. It's just young talent learning and growing with MSL. Last year means nothing to to this season. The youth is one year older and the guys that exited are easily replaced.

This team will be better as long as the injuries are not like last year. Healthier roster, No pressure, MSL in his 2nd full season, Youth is a little older.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012

On the bright side ; these players you mentioned were a combined total of +\- -94 !

Reactions: cphabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Suzuki: 25-30 goals with 70-85 pts
Caufield: 40-45 goals with 70-80 pts
Dach: 15-20 goals with 60-80 pts.

Matheson: 10-15 goals with 40-50 pts.
Guhle: 5-8 goals with 30-40 pts.

Slaf: 15-20 goals with 40-45 pts
Monahan: 10-15 goals with 50-60 pts
Anderson: 20-30 goals with 40-50 pts
Newhook: 12-18 goals with 45-55 pts
RHP: 15-20 goals with 40-50 pts
Gallagher: 10-15 goals with 30-40 pts

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
There were also injuries that made these players play more minutes than they should have. Also the names you listed were depth guys.

I was just pointing out the reality of where they are at the moment. The management seems comfortable going with youth, we`ll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I'll go with on pace for 82 since predicting injuries feels a bit weird. Final points will obviously be much lower than that

Caufield: 44G, 76P
Suzuki: 30G, 73P
Dach 24G, 66P
Newhook: 26G, 60P
Matheson: 11G, 58P
Monahan: 18G, 47P
Anderson: 30G, 46P
RHP: 20G, 44P
Slaf: 18G, 42P
Guhle: 6G, 37P
Gallagher: 16G, 33P
Xhekaj: 9G, 32P

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Most of the predictions are reasonable and stay within a safe range. I'll be more specific about my minimum expectations:

Caufield: 40 goals. He can score more, but at least 40 shows a balance of talent + durability.
Suzuki: 75 points. Give him the right wingers for enough games and let him finally show what he can do.
Dach: 60 points. His tools and vision are just plain better than our previous wannabe Cs. If he's healthy, there's no reason to settle for less.
Slafkovsky: 12 goals, 20 assists. This is a reasonable bare minimum for the early development of a 1OA.
Montembeault: 40 GP, .908 SV%. Took him awhile, but it's possible Sam is figuring out how to become a solid NHL starter.

Reactions: Rapala and Gustave

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Cole Caufield 82 45 37 82
Nick Suzuki 82 35 47 82
Kirby Dach 82 20 66 82
Michael Matheson 82 20 50 70

Alex Newhook 82 25 40 65
Sean Monahan 75 20 40 60
Josh Anderson 76 30 20 50

Justin Barron 82 10 30 40
Kaiden Guhle 80 10 30 40
Juraj Slafkovsky 82 20 20 40
David Savard 82 12 28 40

Gustav Lindstrom 60 2 20 22
I admire your optimism,and that list is not even a complete lineup,that's a lot of goals

Reactions: rickthegoon

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I just said in another thread I expected
Top 3 forwards = near PPG (.9 and up).
Newhook and RHP near 50.
Slaf above 35.
Guhle above 35.
Barron above 30.

Anything under and Ill be incredibly disappointed, especially for the first five, i think that would ship their sail to get into first liner territory.

The rest of the lineup is unimportant to me.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I just said in another thread I expected
Top 3 forwards = near PPG (.9 and up).
Newhook and RHP near 50.
Slaf above 35.
Guhle above 35.
Barron above 30.

Anything under and Ill be incredibly disappointed, especially for the first five, i think that would ship their sail to get into first liner territory.

The rest of the lineup is unimportant to me.
Who is the defensemen playing in the NHL last year, that will have to play in the AHL this year, that allows Barron to play enough games to net 30 pts ?

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Suzuki: 25G, 62P
Caufield: 34G, 59P
Dach 18G, 51P
Matheson: 9G, 41P
Newhook: 20G, 40P
Monahan: 12G, 36P (traded)
Slaf: 20G, 36P
Anderson: 22G, 34P (traded)
RHP: 20G, 34P
Gallagher: 16G, 31P
Guhle: 5G, 21P
Xhekaj: 3G, 15P

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Wideman, Kovacevix I dont care
I'm starting to think Harris could be the odd man out. Does most of the things right, but none great. I see him as expendable in the very near future.
For the time being, I think that the only way Barron gets more games in, is IF Savard stays healthy and has a good year like last season AND the rest of the kids stay healthy, he could be dealt at the trade deadline, and then Barron finishes the year in the show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad