Players Likely To Make NHL Debuts Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veela

Aug 17, 2005
Prague
Toivoinen as a Bruins backup? I dont see it very possible this season. The Bruins didn´t spend so much money on UFA to put it all on shoulders of young Raycroft and Toivoinen.
Look for them to sign another veteran between pipes. The Pens did it too with Thibault.

I like to see Zinovjev coming to Bruins too. If he comes to camp he should easily make the team though they are overloaded at center.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
eh, but Raycroft was already a starter last year and did quite well. I guess I'm saying, the Bruins already put it all on the shoulders of a young goalie...now Raycroft is no longer a rookie and they're more sure of what they're getting with him.

Veela

Aug 17, 2005
Prague
Levitate said:
eh, but Raycroft was already a starter last year and did quite well. I guess I'm saying, the Bruins already put it all on the shoulders of a young goalie...now Raycroft is no longer a rookie and they're more sure of what they're getting with him.

Sure, Raycroft has one superb year under belt already but i don´t buy much into two youngsters combo. They will bring veteran goalie.

Vic Rattlehead*

Veela said:
Sure, Raycroft has one superb year under belt already but i don´t buy much into two youngsters combo. They will bring veteran goalie.

They won't. Toivonen has proved that he's NHL ready. They only veteran goalie they'll bring in is for the AHL.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Kesler(if that counts,Coburn,Lehtonen,(your 4),Vanek,Egener,Meyer,Fleury, Zherdev, Brown, Michelak, Toivonen,Getzlaf,Tyutin, Parise,Semin,Barker,Horton, Weber, Cammelari, Vermette,Ward,Koivu,Babchuk,Fehr,Stewart,Mike Richards,Nokelainen,Steen,Jurcina,Auld,Brule, and possibly Jack Johnson but we'll see.

Vic Rattlehead*

KStewart113 said:
Kesler(if that counts,Coburn,Lehtonen,(your 4),Vanek,Egener,Meyer,Fleury, Zherdev, Brown, Michelak, Toivonen,Getzlaf,Tyutin, Parise,Semin,Barker,Horton, Weber, Cammelari, Vermette,Ward,Koivu,Babchuk,Fehr,Stewart,Mike Richards,Nokelainen,Steen,Jurcina,Auld,Brule, and possibly Jack Johnson but we'll see.

You forgot the guy in my avatar.... ;)

fuzzerson

¡Ãndele!
Jul 23, 2005
Jeff Tambellini has an outside shot later in the year, when all the expected Kings injuries hit.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
19bruins19 said:
They won't. Toivonen has proved that he's NHL ready. They only veteran goalie they'll bring in is for the AHL.

NHL teams are *extremely* reluctant to have young goalies sitting on the bench all year opening the doors. They'd much rather have them playing constantly and continue developing, and that means the AHL. As well, they prefer to have experience on the bench, in case the #1 gets injured.

I'll be shocked if they stick Toivonen on the bench the entire year.

Phanuthier*

Phil Parent said:
I'd assume Crosby, Ovechkin, Carter & Phaneuf would be 4 of them, what others do you think will debut?
No, I don't think Phaneuf will make it, at least not on opening day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->