Players Likely To Make NHL Debuts Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Hey,

I thought I'd ask the masses about this. Which prospects do you think will make their NHL debuts next year, the ones you are certain will debut on your team, etc...

I'd assume Crosby, Ovechkin, Carter & Phaneuf would be 4 of them, what others do you think will debut?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Perezhogin for the Habs. Possibly Yann Danis as the backup goalie too.

Higgins and Plekanec have already played a couple of NHL games each.

Bruinster*

For Boston, Toivonen as backup, and one of Mark Stuart, Andrew Albert or Milan Jurcina the Odd favour Stuart.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
zach parise
Brandon Bochenski will get a look
Perezhogin
Malkin (if he comes over)
Vanek
Bernier
Ahren Nittel

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Tyutin and Lundqvist for the Rangers. Possibly Jessiman later in the season.

tyutin already made his NHL debut last season. Jessiman might get a look, Dawes too...Baranka, Giroux...

not saying they'll all stick, but they'll probably get their first NHL games

JayRice66

Jul 31, 2005
Wheeling, WV
Kari Lehtonen, we can't forget these phenom. That guy is going to be amazing.

Also, look at the second year players coming for there second season. I'm really excited to see where the NHL goes this year.

This is the perfect time for the NHL's youth movement to start. You have guys like Michael Ryder, Tuomo Ruutu, Ryan Malone, Patrice Bergeron, Joffrey Lupul, Nikolai Zherdev, Eric Staal, and more coming for a second season.

Not to mention everyone you guys have listed.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
For the Jackets, I would expect Alex Picard definitely.

Joakim Lindstrom, Jaroslav Balastik and OK Tollefson might be possibilites depending on injuries with the big club and the resolution of international agreements.

Brule has an outside shot as well. He has to blow them away in camp though.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
For the Jackets, I would expect Alex Picard definitely.

Joakim Lindstrom, Jaroslav Balastik and OK Tollefson might be possibilites depending on injuries with the big club and the resolution of international agreements.

Brule has an outside shot as well. He has to blow them away in camp though.

I think Brule is a lock to make his debut with the jackets this season, whether or not he stays longer than a 9 game tryout depends on his performance in camp and on the ice.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Chicago
Brent Seabrook
Duncan Keith
Rene Bourque

Non of those guys have ever played an NHL game, so they are the only "debuts"

2nd time call ups would be
Matt Keith
Michal Barinka
Pavel Vorobiev

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
HockeyMan9 said:
I think Brule is a lock to make his debut with the jackets this season, whether or not he stays longer than a 9 game tryout depends on his performance in camp and on the ice.

I forgot about that tryout period. Is that still possibility with the new CBA?

If so, then you're right, Brule probably will get a few games with the big club before he goes back to juniors (same thing the did with Klesla).

I don't think he'll get an extended stay though. Jackets have too many other players jockying for slots. With the new FA rules, its easy to justify keeping Brule in juniors for one more year.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Might as well answer my own topic for my team :)

I think Perezhogin is fairly sure of having a shot, after all, this is a player that figured on the Habs' NHL squad last year hadn't it been for the lockout, dixit Bob Gainey. So I suppose that he's more than ready to step in this year.

Yann Danis would be the more TALENTED goalie for backup job the couple of months Huet will be healing his injury, however baring an injury to THEODORE, I don't think we'll see Danis as backup. Expect whoever would have been the AHL backup had the Habs not shared their team with Edmonton to backup Theodore. Danis has got to play and spending two months on the bench in Montreal won't be helping him any. Meaning, the backup will probably be Olivier Michaud. He's not a debut but he's played so little, it might as well be. It won't hurt his career much to sit at the end of the bench for a while, it's his max potential IMO, NHL backup.

Dark horse debut, or is it really that much of a dark horse debut, will be that of Mark Streit. I feel Streit will start the year in Montreal, and probably start the year in the lineup on the bottom pairing of the Habs. The way I see it it's a three way war for two spots, between Streit, Bouillon & Hainsey (Another guy that played so little it might as well be his debut, if he makes it) and Bouillon has a bit of an headstart to have one of the two spots due to his experience. If Hainsey doesn't work at camp, we know Streit will work, so he'll get the spot.

I don't expect a surprise at camp from the Habs. Everybody will follow the schedule and will graduate in due time.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
For the Leafs Colaiacovo should be up with the big club (he's played a game or two already) and theres a chance Alexander Steen could be up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad