Rosters and Ratings: Player ratings for NHL14

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
It's a joke that MSL isn't in this list, the guy who just won the Art Ross and has second most points during the past three season.

Nice to see that they finally have Weber's shot rated fine - in 13 I think his slap shot accuracy was like 70 which is ridiculous. Also Chara's and Datsyuk's overalls are too high but not by that much.

EA always hammer older players (except Datsyuk). Elias had like 2 less points than Parise on a terrible offensive team but I bet Elias will be 80-82 this year while Parise is an 89

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
So Datsyuk is the fastest in the top 10?

Edit: Make that fastest player in the top 50 after only gaborik and karlsson

Last edited:

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I always do an hour or two editing players to make GM mode a little more enjoyable for me. Looks like it might take longer this year. Does anyone know why they locked certain things you can edit in '13? I think that was the first time in awhile that they did that and it was quite annoying

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I can understand MSL not being one of the highest ratings "overall". He's a small player, and that lack of a physical play brings his overall attributes down. His offensive stats should be off the charts.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
I can understand MSL not being one of the highest ratings "overall". He's a small player, and that lack of a physical play brings his overall attributes down. His offensive stats should be off the charts.

That's the exact reason why he's overall should be high; a playmaker with high offensive awareness, puck control categories and good shot should be at least a 88. Also although he doesn't hit that much he's still very strong player so the physical categories should be decent - he's hitting, aggressiveness and fighting skill should be low but he's strength and durability should be good enough to bring he's physicality up to 4 stars. But oh well, I can live with the fact that he's underrated by EA - it's just a game.

EA always hammer older players (except Datsyuk). Elias had like 2 less points than Parise on a terrible offensive team but I bet Elias will be 80-82 this year while Parise is an 89

Yeah, Elias is one of the most underrated players by EA. Jesus, the guy is one of the better two-way forwards in the game has put up 114 points in 129 games during the past seasons in one of the weaker offensive teams in the league. Still somehow he's stats are fairly mediocre compared to many players he has outplayed.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Chara higher than Malkin? Okay EA, okay.

Also, look at the stats. Malkin has higher star cats than Chara but is rated lower?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No MSL? If I was a TBL fan I'd riot.

Exactly, this is an overall rating. St. Louis is a one dimensional player. He's not going to have high strength, checking, defensive awareness and all of those attributes that are going to boost a player's overall. I'm sure his offensive stats will be more than good.

The one thing I do hate is that EA doesn't differentiate ratings between categories. For example if they give a guy 90 speed, he's also going to have 90 agility and 90 acceleration. If he has 75 slap shot accuracy, he's going to have 75 wrist shot accuracy, etc. That annoys me so much.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Exactly, this is an overall rating. St. Louis is a one dimensional player. He's not going to have high strength, checking, defensive awareness and all of those attributes that are going to boost a player's overall. I'm sure his offensive stats will be more than good.

The one thing I do hate is that EA doesn't differentiate ratings between categories. For example if they give a guy 90 speed, he's also going to have 90 agility and 90 acceleration. If he has 75 slap shot accuracy, he's going to have 75 wrist shot accuracy, etc. That annoys me so much.

I agree with you on this. There are many players that do not have that top end speed but are super agile and and take off like a rocket.

As far as ratings go though I hope this year puts less importance on speed overall and would make shooting stats mater a lot more than they have. I would love to put an end to the EASHL players that max speed out and have no balance or strength. That goes for shots as well as I have never really noticed much of a difference between having 70 shot accuracy and having 90...

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I always hate these ratings.

Vanek probably doesn't even sniff the top 50, yet he is better than Pacioretty who has had ONE season of 60 point hockey. You're seriously telling me EA, that Pacioretty is as good as Patrick Kane?

Vanek is on par with Carter, Nash, Voracek, and Sharp to name a few but of course he's left out because he plays for the second or third worst team in hockey.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I always hate these ratings.

Vanek probably doesn't even sniff the top 50, yet he is better than Pacioretty who has had ONE season of 60 point hockey.

Vanek is on par with Carter, Nash, Voracek, and Sharp to name a few but of course he's left out because he plays for the second or third worst team in hockey.

unless you have a raging desire for players who have perfectly balanced stats, the Overall rating is pointless.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
unless you have a raging desire for players who have perfectly balanced stats, the Overall rating is pointless.

Another reason why releasing the top 50 players is dumb. Top 50 for LW/RW/C/D/G would have been more fitting. You would think they would do something more along the lines of what Madden did...

Kitnkev

Dec 4, 2012
Does EA really think we give a crap about individual players... Its about teams. They should have released a division each day starting on Tuesday.

Kitnkev

Dec 4, 2012
Overalls are meaningless I wish people would realize that.

Overalls are completely meaningless, we want to see our teams ratings break downs. Not the top 50 overalls. I want to see how the individual stats are with players like m. Koivu,, c. Coyle,, and heatley etc.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
These ratings are garbage. Can't believe ****ING Carey Price is 90 and Paxioretty is 88. To top it off, MSL who is recent Art Ross Trophy winner is no where to be found..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad