Player Discussion: Tyler Bertuzzi

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
If he's called back up he better step the f*** up. Frk last night was absolutely flying, throwing body checks and crashing the net. I was defending Bert earlier and realize he's a year younger than Frk, but if he can't raise his game up with the same intensity I don't see the point. Pathetic he's not able to steal Booth's job.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
hopefully he'll get a better opportunity than 7min on the 4th line (which doesn't really exist anyway)
I was excited last night when we came out with a real 4th line centered by Glendening, but he had to go and ruin it.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
If he's called back up he better step the **** up. Frk last night was absolutely flying, throwing body checks and crashing the net. I was defending Bert earlier and realize he's a year younger than Frk, but if he can't raise his game up with the same intensity I don't see the point. Pathetic he's not able to steal Booth's job.
Better go back and watch what trash told him to do!!! Its on the dolt not the player in this case.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
If he's called back up he better step the **** up. Frk last night was absolutely flying, throwing body checks and crashing the net. I was defending Bert earlier and realize he's a year younger than Frk, but if he can't raise his game up with the same intensity I don't see the point. Pathetic he's not able to steal Booth's job.

absolutley, his "game" is intensity -as someone who never played hockey, i assume intensity and effort are elements that you can bring every night

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah, regardless of what Blashill did or didnt say, Bertuzzi needs to realize what his bread and butter is and play to his strengths. He should be going out there and taking a run or 2 at Mcavoy and get a matching roughing with Marchand. Get a few players after him. Points will come but he needs to show his style of play, even if he isnt scoring can contribute a bit by drawing a penalty or pissing off the other team a bit

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Something Bert has completely failed to do so far is give the coaches and managment a reason to leave him with the big club and in the lineup. You only get so many chances to show what you have got, and if you fail to show anything those chances run out quicker and quicker. Let's hope he brings some swagger and confidence with him this time after a good game with the Griffs yestersay.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Yeah, regardless of what Blashill did or didnt say, Bertuzzi needs to realize what his bread and butter is and play to his strengths. He should be going out there and taking a run or 2 at Mcavoy and get a matching roughing with Marchand. Get a few players after him. Points will come but he needs to show his style of play, even if he isnt scoring can contribute a bit by drawing a penalty or pissing off the other team a bit
Kinda hard to do that if the coach told you not to and sits you for doing so right?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kinda hard to do that if the coach told you not to and sits you for doing so right?

I dunno. It seems like he sits you for listening to him so I would go out and show him how effective I can be playing that way. The wings drafted and developed Bert to be a tough to play against player, if management sees him playing that style and like it Blashill can go pound salt. If Bert plays that way and hes more effective ( he will be), Blash wont sit him, hes just telling him to relax out there to make him more comfortable probably

Reactions: Goalie guy

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Bertuzzi had some really nice shifts last game and showed some nice players. He also had some bad shifts and didn't look too good on the D side of the puck. He played 17:58 minutes last game against Boston. He needs to be better defensively.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
He looked better with the puck today. Wasn't as disruptive though.
Still, two pretty good games now.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
On a team that struggles to win puck battles at times Bertuzzi is a real asset. Glad to see the uptick in his game in this callup, he should stay in the lineup, he brings something other guys aren't right now in terms of his compete level. Hopefully he keeps building on it.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I thought he looked terrible last season when called up. Looking like he could be a solid contributor now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad