Player discussion: Green & Daley

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If none of the prospects pan out, we're on the way to sucking for a long time regardless of who's playing the blueline in the short term future.

In all fairness, that is true of every team though, isn't it?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Can’t see us moving Daley. Kronwall looks like a zombie right now. Realistically, he’s LTIRetired next year if not so ineffective he might as well be.

Green should be gone. No real reason for him to want to re-sign and a couple of younger/more exciting teams should want him.

As for the future, JMFJ is an impending UFA. Not sure he wants to leave CBJ but he may be the odd man out with that nice young D vote. If he makes it to free agency, I expect Holland to court him. Not saying I want him at this stage but the connection is there.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Ive seen a lot of Oilers fans interested in Green. What would we want in return from them? I could see them maybe trading Puljujarvi if they're in a good spot at the deadline and think they can go on a run.

If they continue to look like shit for the rest of the season they're not gonna want to give up a young blue chip prospect for Greener, though. We could get a nice draft pick (or picks)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ive seen a lot of Oilers fans interested in Green. What would we want in return from them? I could see them maybe trading Puljujarvi if they're in a good spot at the deadline and think they can go on a run.

If they continue to look like **** for the rest of the season they're not gonna want to give up a young blue chip prospect for Greener, though. We could get a nice draft pick (or picks)

2018 1st is a starting point
then Fayne as a cap dump.
Don't know about Puljujärvi, he'll be NHL player but not probably more what Joel Armia currently is. Hard worker with lot of tools but no toolbox.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That doesn't say much at all about Puljujarvi if he is only as good as Armia.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I want the 1st from the Oil. Pool Party is interesting but I’d rather have another 1st to spend on a defenseman or center than get a hyped winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad